Bachmann Mark 1 liveries still to be produced RTR

GordonC

With the recent announcement of Sealink Mk1s to be produced, how many liveries are still to be produced on the Bachmann Mark 1 coaches? The only obvious one I could think of is the Pilkington K Charter set from a few years ago. Are there any others?

I'm aware that there are still other variants of the Mk 1 coaches to be produced, e.g. BSO and BFK, but I'm just wondering about liveries here

I'd be in the market for a few in special K, I've got some fox transfers to do a set however green coaches seem to be quite limited to aquire up in yorkshire (not many southern modellers). I've done one so far using a BR southern green coach, the green looks about the right shade, the only problem is the grey roof however if Bachmann did some they could do a weathered roof.

As for the original thread for this topic Bachmann haven't done several of the privatised charter company liveries if you check, what about railfilms charter stock, some dark blue, some maroon with white lining and theres also west coast railways maroon.

West Coast Railways and Riviera stock gets my vote as they would also include some MK2z coaches, just right for modelling railtours using both steam and diesel traction. The MK1 underframe would need some mods for airbraked stock and the body too with removal of end steps etc. 

If Bachmann don't announce a BSO in 2015, I will "take on for the team" as they say and start building one from some Bachmann MK1's. Bachmann will then announce one in 2016 just as I finish it.

I think a BSO is on the cards. One of the RTC Invicta exclusives contains an ex-BSO, and from the picture it doesn't look like that's a typo.

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/in-stock---39-001w-exclusive-Bachmann-rtc-coaches-lab-10--lab-11-3114-p.asp

• RMweb Premium

I think a BSO is on the cards. One of the RTC Invicta exclusives contains an ex-BSO, and from the picture it doesn't look like that's a typo.

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/in-stock---39-001w-exclusive-Bachmann-rtc-coaches-lab-10--lab-11-3114-p.asp

Perhaps...but I'm sure I heard that the "BSO" would use the BCK tooling. If you look at the Invicta image carefully you will see that the panels between the compartment windows are not all the same width.

Trans-Pennine (branded and unbranded) and or a ScotRail BG gets my vote.

Having seen the Regional Railways BGs in the bargain bin it might be a while before a Trans-Pennine one makes an appearance. I bought a couple when they were cheap and will respray to Trans-Pennine

Would be good to have a BSO and an FO.

Surely it's easy enough to make one of these from the InterCity Executive BG?

Its not as easy as you'd think to do neatly, where you have to mask is right over all the door stops all down the bodysides so its easy for paint to leak underneath the edge of the tape. I'm going to try using a Regional Railways one as I think that might be easier to mask

A range of west coast stock would be nice, but some would need modification of the moulds as the steps on the carriage ends are absent on some, if not most/all of the current stock. Also, as mentioned earlier the underframe gubbins would have to be altered for the air brake equipment and other modern alterations.

I would like a set though!

I also agree with the white roofed IC charter set!

Cheers

J

A range of west coast stock would be nice, but some would need modification of the moulds as the steps on the carriage ends are absent on some, if not most/all of the current stock. Also, as mentioned earlier the underframe gubbins would have to be altered for the air brake equipment and other modern alterations.

I would like a set though!

I also agree with the white roofed IC charter set!

Cheers

J

In fact the end steps were removed in the early 60s. So were on for only just over the first 10 years of the Mark 1's 60 year life. Most of the liveries produced so far are therefore wrong.

Good news, a couple of minutes with a craft knife sorts it.

Merf.

In fact the end steps were removed in the early 60s. So were on for only just over the first 10 years of the Mark 1's 60 year life. Most of the liveries produced so far are therefore wrong.

Good news, a couple of minutes with a craft knife sorts it.

Merf.

That's very true, it's easy enough to do on the black ended vehicles, but when colour matching is needed, it's not always the simplest fix. A touch of weathering can hide any damage though!

Cheers

J

I was a late purchaser and got caught in the transition from "as new" to "weathered". I'd like to see the "as new" return.

Andy

'As New' would mean 'Shiny Sides'.....

......... (Most) RTR model railway manufacturers don't do this.

'As New' would mean 'Shiny Sides'.....

......... (Most) RTR model railway manufacturers don't do this.

If it helps, I'll call the earlier versions "un-weathered"  or "clean".

Either way I meant the originally finished Bachmann MK1's  that weren't specifically weathered.

Andy

Andy

Archived