The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Best Albums of 2014

Tim H

There's a full list of 25 with a few words on hear one on my blog, but here are my top ten.

1. Mostly Autumn - Dressed in Voices
2. Opeth - Pale Communion
3. Crippled Black Phoenix - White Light Generator
4. Panic Room - Incarnate
5. The Pineapple Thief - Magnolia
6. Luna Rossa - Secrets & Lies
7. Gazpacho - Demon
8. Steve Rothery - The Ghosts of Pripyat
9. Cloud Atlas - Beyond the Vale
10. Knifeworld - The Unravelling

I posted this list on another forum and got accused of being "down with the kids" by naming things they'd never heard of....

What were your best albums of 2014?

There's a full list of 25 with a few words on hear one on my blog, but here are my top ten.

1. Mostly Autumn - Dressed in Voices

2. Opeth - Pale Communion

3. Crippled Black Phoenix - White Light Generator

4. Panic Room - Incarnate

5. The Pineapple Thief - Magnolia

6. Luna Rossa - Secrets & Lies

7. Gazpacho - Demon

8. Steve Rothery - The Ghosts of Pripyat

9. Cloud Atlas - Beyond the Vale

10. Knifeworld - The Unravelling

I posted this list on another forum and got accused of being "down with the kids" by naming things they'd never heard of....

What were your best albums of 2014?

I'm afraid I've never heard of any of that lot, however a recent purchase was "If you wait" by London Grammar which I must say is rather good.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for this. Have listened to those I could find on Spotify and so far Mostly Autumn and Panic Room have been listed to a couple of times and been added to my list of albums. SWMBO is out with the kids on Monday so a few hours with a good book and the stereo is planned and will give Gazpacho a listen as that is the one I have not tried yet.

• RMweb Gold

Oh, just followed a link on Spotify from Mostly Autumn to a band called Big Big Train and listening to an album called English Electric: Full Power. There is another called Goodbye to the age of Steam. Its all very proggy which is fine by me and its actually not that bad.

Archived