Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Henley-on-Thames - GWR in the 1930's

Neal Ball

• RMweb Premium

Work on the GWR 4-4-2T County tank loco continues and this was where I got to just before lunchtime.

County4-4-2T22-12-23c.jpg.3ec5450e671c0e10ddf1cd7d07bb9613.jpg

I need to put the cylinder etches to one side now and go back to basic loco bits. The gearbox (Roadrunner Plus) will probably be next.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Thank you all for the Christmas messages.

There is no chance of Green and Rusty @Mikkel the weather forecast is sunny with highs of 19 degrees.  Santa will be bringing another couple of carriages (hopefully) 😎

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

It will not belong before yours will be finished. Looking good. Here is mine on a local train arriving at Westbury. This is not fiction. 2221 was allocated to the are for a time. This model used a Jamieson 61xx as a basis, mainly for the running plate and tanks, the rest came from various sources or hand cut and alot of input from my father. It is quite old now. It must be 40 years old at least.

Merry Christmas

Mike Wiltshire

county_2221_1a.jpg.201b84353a73a8c411665933b8b7f9d1.jpg

That looks lovely Mike, you would not know its that old.

I bet the UK weather is a bit different to the weather you left behind in Australia 😎

Merry Christmas.

Regards,

Neal.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 22/12/2023 at 13:10, Neal Ball said:

Work on the GWR 4-4-2T County tank loco continues and this was where I got to just before lunchtime.

County4-4-2T22-12-23c.jpg.3ec5450e671c0e10ddf1cd7d07bb9613.jpg

I need to put the cylinder etches to one side now and go back to basic loco bits. The gearbox (Roadrunner Plus) will probably be next.

Wow, really pleased to see both the loco and coach progressing so well.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas Neal and a productive 2024.

Tony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, brumtb said:

Wow, really pleased to see both the loco and coach progressing so well.

Wishing you a very Happy Christmas Neal and a productive 2024.

Tony

Thanks Tony, Merry Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

As an early Christmas present (to myself) our neighbour from Birmingham has just flown in*…. With a very nice kit for a Worsley Works C22 all third.

Certainly looks like a lovely kit.

*it was easier to get it delivered to Birmingham rather than deal with Spanish customs!

IMG_2776.jpeg.1657ad1f6b17f491846ad06bf8634d15.jpeg

It’s an 8 compartment 46ft 6 carriage. Thanks to Penrhos website: http://www.penrhos.me.uk/c/Clerestories.shtml#C22

Edited by Neal Ball
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

As an early Christmas present (to myself) our neighbour from Birmingham has just flown in*…. With a very nice kit for a Worsley Works C22 all third.

Certainly looks like a lovely kit.

*it was easier to get it delivered to Birmingham rather than deal with Spanish customs!

IMG_2776.jpeg.1657ad1f6b17f491846ad06bf8634d15.jpeg

It’s an 8 compartment 46ft 6 carriage. Thanks to Penrhos website: http://www.penrhos.me.uk/c/Clerestories.shtml#C22

One of these survives at Didcot, though unrestored:

https://didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/article.php/141/no-1357-dean-8-compartment-third-clerestory

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Nick Gough said:

Thanks for this Nick.

It needs Dean 8ft 6 bogies.... so I might have to go to Shapeways after all - unless I can persuade someone to do me a 3D print....

Lovely photos, thanks again. Neal.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Thanks for this Nick.

It needs Dean 8ft 6 bogies.... so I might have to go to Shapeways after all - unless I can persuade someone to do me a 3D print....

Lovely photos, thanks again. Neal.

I can be persuaded. I’ve done the CAD, just need to make it printable at 4mm scale and experiment with the resin mix. 😃

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Harlequin said:

I can be persuaded. I’ve done the CAD, just need to make it printable at 4mm scale and experiment with the resin mix. 😃

No pressure then Phil, but thank you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Santa has indeed delivered a 70ft Brake third E83, 

plus a Sunshine "low waisted" composite e151.

There are now at least 6 carriages ready to go... once I finish the County tank loco of course.

• Like 13

Really please you now have the 70ft brake third. We are having a no present Christmas due to transporting back and forth. 

However there was one present in the form of test etches for a L16 Clerestory TPO that has not made it market so far. Just need to keep it flat for the 12.500 mile journey back.

Merry Christmas all

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

1 hour ago, Coach bogie said:

Really please you now have the 70ft brake third. We are having a no present Christmas due to transporting back and forth. 

However there was one present in the form of test etches for a L16 Clerestory TPO that has not made it market so far. Just need to keep it flat for the 12.500 mile journey back.

Merry Christmas all

Mike Wiltshire

Hope it stays flat Mike, you don't want a tumblehome in the wrong place, or worse still, in the wrong direction!!

Christmas Cheer to all,

Paul

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Santa has indeed delivered a 70ft Brake third E83, 

plus a Sunshine "low waisted" composite e151.

There are now at least 6 carriages ready to go... once I finish the County tank loco of course.

Haha, no pressure then Neal, just enjoy yourself 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1