Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kirkby Luneside

Physicsman

Update: No woodwork today, but - after a bit more wiring/soldering - I've had a play....

Been running 2 locos in opposite directions through combinations of turnouts. So, ostensibly, checking that the track is working ok....

Yeh, pull the other one! The sight of the Black 5 crawling over the viaduct on speed setting 1/128 (less than 1mph) was quite inspiring.

Woodwork tomorrow - and pics, too (I'll do a vid of that Black 5 on the viaduct).

Jeff 

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world....

I've been up to something similar at Stockrington.  :)

About a month ago, I finally threw off the fog that had been keeping me from restarting work on my railway - and to be honest, Jeff, you were the catalyst.  I saw how damn quickly you progressed with KL2, and realised if I set myself some rigid time to be upstairs, even if it was just n hour every second night, I'd find myself back in the saddle.

I've not updated my thread yet - shall do so before Xmas - but just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!

Cheers

Scott

• Like 3

Morning Jeff,

Good to have you back, and I'm certainly looking forward to the video, as you'll probably have heard me rabbit on about footplate rides on the Black5, particularly on the 'Port Road' where the train might well have climbed the fells before my dad took over at Carlisle!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world....

I've been up to something similar at Stockrington.  :)

About a month ago, I finally threw off the fog that had been keeping me from restarting work on my railway - and to be honest, Jeff, you were the catalyst.  I saw how damn quickly you progressed with KL2, and realised if I set myself some rigid time to be upstairs, even if it was just n hour every second night, I'd find myself back in the saddle.

I've not updated my thread yet - shall do so before Xmas - but just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott.

Thanks for the kind words. I've always been there to nag you about Stockrington, haven't I? I suppose the equivalent for me is Jason - if I'm not moving at 1000mph (almost as fast as AndyP!!) then it's not good enough!

I'm really pleased you've got going again. After all your troubles it'll be a great therapy to re-start building and running!

All the best for Christmas - hope you get something nice/relevant and not a Kit Kat wgon (see Asylum discussion)!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Morning Jeff,

Good to have you back, and I'm certainly looking forward to the video, as you'll probably have heard me rabbit on about footplate rides on the Black5, particularly on the 'Port Road' where the train might well have climbed the fells before my dad took over at Carlisle!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock.

I've had a busy day and, after this post, will post a number of pics. I've done some short videos, but I need to read the Canon manual to sort out my focusing technique - as it's crap. When it improves I'll post the "Black 5 crawl" - the video I took was, erm, very blurry!

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A sequence showing construction of the area around the tunnel portal. The Blea Moor North portal I built for KL was used as a guide, though I'll build a new one for KL2 - haven't decided on which location to use as yet.

post-13778-0-72231300-1450640897_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-58711400-1450640904_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-02131900-1450640910_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-79701500-1450640912_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 16

Black 5 and Jubilee on the viaduct, accompanied by a blurry (at times) video. Sounds nice, though!

attachicon.gifIMG_1806a.jpg

Video link: https://youtu.be/QwEnoMRfQRM

Jeff

Hi Jeff, looking good, re the Video, if you remove the ''S'' from the HTTP you will get a picture instead of just the tag line.

All the best.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, looking good, re the Video, if you remove the ''S'' from the HTTP you will get a picture instead of just the tag line.

All the best.

Thanks Andy.

I've removed the "s", but the tag line remains. Maybe somebody can tell me what else I need to do - I know Andy always has a picture in his posts when he includes a YouTube link.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Trains running before Christmas .....as promised ....Well done that man  :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Oooops!! I'd forgotten THAT promise!

The first loco ran up and down the fiddle yard on November 8th. However, I've spent the better part of a month in Barrow (at my dad's) since then, so getting the whole line working has been quite pleasing.

Now I wonder what OTHER promises I've made? And NO, Andy P, I promised gr*ss by Christmas, but NOT this Christmas!!

Jeff

Oooops!! I'd forgotten THAT promise!

The first loco ran up and down the fiddle yard on November 8th. However, I've spent the better part of a month in Barrow (at my dad's) since then, so getting the whole line working has been quite pleasing.

Now I wonder what OTHER promises I've made? And NO, Andy P, I promised gr*ss by Christmas, but NOT this Christmas!!

Jeff

Now Jeff about the 'grass' if you don't get some growing soon your going to miss out on the lambing season and without that the fells are going to be very bare during the summer . Have you checked in the box marked sheep to see how many have been 'tupped'  :scratchhead: I presume you have been feeding them !!!

• RMweb Premium

There may yet be hope for a SMALL patch of the green stuff on part of the Fell by lambing season. I'll be administering a good top "dose" of Plaster of Paris in the New Year - to shape the Fell and provide some pathways and routes for walls. After that, well, I'm sure I can sprinkle some scatter over a few cm2 of the plaster and plonk a sheep or two to "carry the flag" for the spring season!

As for Brewdolf.....

I've spent a happy 3 hours in the Bunker this morning doing a bit more wiring. Nearly there. A bit more Fell work later.

Jeff

• Like 6

Sorry Jeff,  I was trying to say how great it was to see something moving again on KL, but my phone took exception to everything I tryped after Brewdolf.

Watching the video on the computer now, so I can see* how you "turned the loco in the tunnel" without stopping the video.

*Wish I'd gone to Specsavers 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Update: More work on the top of the Fell and the left-hand side of the valley (adjacent to the viaduct) has been done. All my mod-roc supply has been used up (31 rolls on the Fell, to date) so I'll order another batch after Christmas.

I'll take a few snaps later and post something on here. I know that some of you DO like your pictures!!

Jeff

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

A couple of pics: Locos waiting to be played with have a run around the layout and "underneath the arches" - awaiting mod-roc!!

post-13778-0-46678500-1450892864_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-07708900-1450892869_thumb.jpg

Video later, if it ever uploads on YouTube. At the current rate it might be ready by midnight!

Jeff

• Like 10