Invertrains station buildings kits, has anybody built any ?

muddys-blues

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a smallish building for my  planned branch line terminus section of my layout, and I have been trawling the internet and saw the Invertrains products, has anybody on here had any experience in constructing one iof these kits and painting them ? If so what are the castings quality like ? and do they go together well ?

Many thanks in advance

Craig.

I have the Double engine shed and weighbridge hut , and im impressed with both . Excellent castings and take paint well.

Only used undercoat so far but took paint really well, some american resin i have when undercoated the paint wouldnt hold!.

If can be of any further help let me know.

I have the Double engine shed and weighbridge hut , and im impressed with both . Excellent castings and take paint well.

Only used undercoat so far but took paint really well, some american resin i have when undercoated the paint wouldnt hold!.

If can be of any further help let me know.

Thanks for the reply Derby, could you tell me did the items come in kit form or as a one piece item ?

Best regards

Craig.

Thanks for the reply Derby, could you tell me did the items come in kit form or as a one piece item ?

Best regards

Craig.

The GWR water tank is rubbish. See commentary on my Cwm Bach forum starting at Post 654 http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/80426-cwm-bach-a-south-wales-branch-line/page-27 I also bought some gutters a while back and they were poor.

The GWR water tank is rubbish. See commentary on my Cwm Bach forum starting at Post 654 http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/80426-cwm-bach-a-south-wales-branch-line/page-27 I also bought some gutters a while back and they were poor.

Hi Chris, I saw that post in your thread, thanks for re-pointing it out to me.

Best regards

Craig.

Ill post a pic mate , sorry to hear about your woes chris. The buildings are kit form with hardly any cleaning, and done by Highland Castings for Invertrain . Im really pleased with Engine shed , damn site cheaper than skytrex too . No affiliation just a happy customer.

Ill take some pics and post.

Ill post a pic mate , sorry to hear about your woes chris. The buildings are kit form with hardly any cleaning, and done by Highland Castings for Invertrain . Im really pleased with Engine shed , damn site cheaper than skytrex too . No affiliation just a happy customer.

Ill take some pics and post.

When it comes to buildings, I prefer to scratchbuild. You can see  my signal box, station building and goods shed on my Cwm Bach thread.

"Highland Castings" is the name of the original company which made these kits and the name was kept for this range. The business was purchased by Invertrain when the owner emigrated to Canada.   A lot of the building castings are by Port Wynnstay Models and have been since about 2004.

Phil T.

(Port Wynnstay Models) 

Archived