Possible Bachmann J21

micklner

Banding about options and naming manufacturers will just support more rumour.

Coachman is getting close to the idea seemingly being rushed but I disagree about it doing any harm. What will harm it will be hearsay and rumourmill, with no definate facts.

The idea, as I eluded to before, was just a test to gauge reaction. This according to the groups own followers on its own Facebook page. Naturally they have an interest in the prototype and given logic a fair ammount have an interest in model railways too. However, some have taken the fact that this first post to gauge reaction is the first step to a definate plan that the model will be definately made, when it is anything put. As digital news and information has spread quickly posts have been put out to other Facebook acounts, forums and websites sparking the rumour that the plan for a J21 was being started. Really, there has been just a request for expressions of interest.

Noting the favourable reaction means that I think the organisers could make something of it, but also given the timespan it is yet to feature in any print magazine to further gauge reaction and invite interest - which is still important to get out messages and reach a wider group of modellers, even if RM Web does have a massive role in the current model railway world. There are many potential modellers who would be interested in the project, who will read it from print media.

What now is needed is for such thoughts and interest to be combined and counted, so see if such a project for the benefit of the original prototype is viable. This will take time and effort as well as co-operation from all parties, including those subscribing to the idea and any manufacturer chosen to complete it. A period of patience and understanding is needed so that this project stands the best part of being completed, as well as allow anyone else wanting to show an interest to express themselves and make contact with the J21 group. News and developemts should be coming from the J21 group itself, or the named manufacturer once selected.

Note too that the first manufacturer named with the project was Bachmann, as by establishing that brand name even in a general gauging of interest was thought to encourage more people to sign on. Bachmann (as I have long said) have an excellent track reccord (excuse the pun) of delivering reliable, affordable and accurate models of engines very akin to the J21. The Bachmann range is renowned for such excellent models of types modellers find interesting but also needed to create an area or era. They should be proud to have been named as the first prefered company assosiated with the project, even if events turn out differently.

Hi folks. I have spoken to owning group LCLT, please use info@lclt.org.uk to express your interest. There will be possibly something on the Kirby Stephen East site soon. If there is sufficient interest they intend to speak to Bachmann in the very near future.

Email address above for the those not on Facebook to register an interest

Archived