RMweb

You beat me to the GWR MONGO VAN on page 92.

The main problems with the catalogue seem to be that the text has not been written by someone with any knowledge of the subject, and that it has not been proof-read at all.

Some pretty pictures though...

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Hornby Southern King Arthur class with suitable SR rolling stock of the period at the Purbeck Model Railway Group's layout at the Stables. Godlingston Manor, Swanage.

Where's the brake?

Edited by brushman47544

Although they were crude by today's standards I thought the Hornby 0 gauge tinplate coaches were more railwayman like than Hornby 00 gauge offerings. You could buy a brake van and all the coaches had brackets so you could attach tail lamps at the end of a train. Most Hornby 0 gauge train sets had a brake van. Sets R1151 Caledonian Belle, R1138 GWR Passenger Freight and R1126 Mixed Freight do not have brake vans so when the engine runs round the train it could roll backwards. I recently paid £20 for the Hornby 0 gauge 4 wheel coaches whereas a rake of 3 Hornby 00 gauge 4 wheel coaches would cost £45.

post-17621-0-47156700-1421948692_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I am very pleased to see that some of the new items are now appearing. At £84.99 R63289 TTS the yellow class 37 is excellent value for money. On Wednesday we ran Gadwall at the Purbeck Model Railway Group meeting and the twin track sound was very effective.

R6717 2015 Conflat at £9.99 has come out in good time for the new year.

Other arrivals are R6695 Scientific Roads tank wagon at £13.99 and private owner wagons R6696-R6701 at £10.95 each. This compares with £8.95 for the Oxfordrail wagons.

The LNER and BR extra long R6682 and R6683 CCT vans at £19.99 each are welcome additions as there are only five Big Four goods wagons in the main range and three in the Railroad range,

• 3 weeks later...

I note  that  on  Page 56  the  class 91  is  stated  to  have  a  'RIMAFIELD' Motor  thats a new   one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

Also on P 55  ref R3183 & R 3268  Class 67  two identical pictures of  67 002  shown  the only difference being in the description  R3268  is Titled  Ariiva  Trains  WALES  whereas R 3183 is Titked  Arriva Trains........or  am  I  missing  something 

**Obviously a misprint  for Ringfield, but are  they still producing  ringfield motors??

PS  you can tell theres not much on Telly tonight   I am reading  catalogues!

• 5 years later...
On 23/01/2015 at 09:00, Robin Brasher said:

........... The LNER and BR extra long R6682 and R6683 CCT vans at £19.99 each are welcome additions as there are only five Big Four goods wagons in the main range and three in the Railroad range,

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread - but is there another one dedicated to the LNER 'extra long' CCTs ? - a search didn't find anything !

My question - whether here or somewhere else - concerns the LNER 'teak paint' models : Should the ends be black ? - non-gangwayed passenger-carrying stock had black ends long before these were built. 

Ah - found it !

Edited by Wickham Green