RMweb

My order from ModelU has arrived from the UK - YAY!! I have loads of brake block stacks now and loads and loads of individuals ones too. Not missing a beat I have started to paint and weather the stacks. Here are a few photos to start with and I will add more soon.   :)

post-17317-0-32664800-1479377131_thumb.jpg

I'm just using flat brown as a base and then I am going over them with rust wash from Hunbrol and rust weathering powder.

post-17317-0-43161700-1479377196_thumb.jpg

I might add a little smoke/black to these too just to give them a little more grime - however as these will be inside the shed I may not need to go to that much detail...

• Like 11

That's a great addition, nicely printed as well

Yes they have come up a treat!! Perhaps you may want some for your projects. I've asked Alan to make them available to other customers too. The individual ones look brilliant too and I will post a photo soon. Even the numbers are on the blocks, fantastic detail!

• Like 1

Progress update on the Stanier Mogul. It has finally reached the stage where most of the below the running boards things have been built and soon enough the 'top stuff' can start to go on. My builder is doing a brilliant job.

post-17317-0-44522600-1479765095_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi David,

Wow that Stanier Mogul really is coming on well.  Very envious of people who have the skill to create something as superb as that!  Well done.

Rich

I agree with you Rich, that's why I'm getting someone else to build it for me. I haven't a clue on how to do this kind of work. :)

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Ah thought you were building it yourself, sorry! Mind you full of admiration for the chap that is building it, and for what you have done with your layout. Very nice.

Rich

So in a crazy impulsive moment I've ordered myself 6 Peco wagon kits; the 16t mineral wagons. When built that will make 8 in total, given that I have two already. Now I know I won't use them too much and they will not be easy to shunt with such a small fiddleyard, however Rose Grove had it's fair share of 16t wagons and so it's only right that I include these on Newton Grove.

• Like 1

Nice move David,

Can't beat a few 16t minerals around the joint .... I've succumbed btw ... I've joined the Finescale Brass reservation Britannia list!

Rich

Who is this 'David' that you speak of??  :P

• RMweb Gold

Who is this 'David' that you speak of?? :P

Oops, I have a habit at the moment of getting people's names wrong sorry!!!

Rich

Edited: To sign post! ;)

Edited by MarshLane

Oops, I have a habit at the moment of getting people's names wrong sorry!!!

Easily done when contributors don't sign their posts.

Dave

edited to sign post!

Edited by daifly
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little while ago I purchased a small hot glue gun as I thought it would be a great investment. This morning I put it to good use when I glued the smoke chutes and internal support beams into the loco shed. I'm leaving it a few hours to really harden up and then I will add a little more glue to the support beams for complete strength. Once it has all dried 100% I will add in the small beams and then work on getting things ready for lighting.

Here are a few photos showing the interior of the shed, now glued into place  :)

post-17317-0-95497600-1483763616_thumb.jpg

post-17317-0-61989600-1483763633_thumb.jpg

post-17317-0-42070000-1483764387_thumb.jpg

I love this shot I must admit, taken from the back of the layout at ground level looking up at 8F 48773 and into the shed.

Edited by Newtz1981
  • Like 12

Lights have been install in the shed at Newton Grove. My Father and myself worked together doing this, as he is the one with all the electronic experience. There are 16 LED lights inside the shed and a further 3 will be added to the face of the shed too very shortly.

Here are just a few simple iPhone photos of the lighting so far.  :)

post-17317-0-65107200-1483952197_thumb.jpg

post-17317-0-23284900-1483952227_thumb.jpg

post-17317-0-32057100-1483952448_thumb.jpg

post-17317-0-72749600-1483952318_thumb.jpg

Edited by Newtz1981
  • Like 7

Very nice Newtz, that does look very good, great atmosphere on that shed.

Cheers, Bob.

Thank you Bob, it is certainly starting to look brilliant in my opinion. Actually, I took out my theatrical smoke machine last night and filed the room with smoke while all the lights were on and the entire layout came to life even more. In fact it looked so much like a 1960s MPD, one had to pinch oneself to be reminded that I was looking at a model.

• Like 1

Very gloomy. Magical. They are so like the photos I used to take with my instamatic as a kid, and evoke such great memories. Keep it up Newtz.

Thank you very much RobJC - that is probably one of the best compliments I could receive  :) 

Feel free to share some of those photos if you wish.

Newtz