Very strange attitude I find it perplexing.

The mention of a " Brillo Pad " was said tongue in cheek, cobber.

But if you want to try my 25yr old Peco rubber your more than welcome.

Martyn.

Edited by 3 link

The mention of a " Brillo Pad " was said tongue in cheek, cobber.

But if you want to try my 25yr old Peco rubber your more than welcome.

Martyn.

I can say for certain that Tongue in Cheek won't get you track clean in one wipe

I gave up using Peco rubbers way longer ago than 25years when my NSWGR layout had a Main line run of over 80ft+ and another 100ft+ of yard trackage and having to clean and clean again after to get rid of the residue was a real chore , made me look for a better alteritive and the one found, I can only say convinced me to never bother with the Peco cleaner ever again

As for the offer !

Don't want to have to use / wipe thinners all over my rails to remove the residue beside that the Peco rubber are thin to start with, so must be so thin by now that I'd struggle to hold it. Again as I said don't under stand the of use nasty (thinners) in a place that you are happy to have Thousands of pounds worth of models.

I made a suggestion to Newtz re the cleaner as it was passing on info. and an Ozzy supplier

You should try modelling down under esp in O scale, basicly everything you UK modellers take for granted we have to import at a hugely inflated price due to a poor exchange rate so to get our brass 2-8-0 we have to work twice as hard / long to earn the $$ to get it get stung £50+ to send it and then get to pay an extra 25% import duty on top. So a few dollars for a cleaner is nothing to us

See your Peco rubber what it costs from UK now tell me the Flieshmann rubber is exensive when it is 4 time bigger as well and actualy works for the advertised purpose with out extra cleaning after with another cleaner or solution

post-14985-0-80112400-1468694009_thumb.jpeg

Edited by SMR CHRIS

• 1 month later...

Great layout! The area certainly looks very realistic, the ground cover in particular! I'd never thought of using sand, something which I'll have to do when I get around to building my O scale layout for the engine area! 

And here is another photo showing the build progress of the Stanier Mogul

attachicon.gif13086769_10207684524688867_359057042573997367_o.jpg

The Mogul looks great... But I spy an original condition S class in the background there! Don't suppose that's also for Newton Grove?!

The 9F certainly looks incredibly, I remember seeing 92220 at the NRM in York when I went to Europe last year, and it's one hell of a loco! 

Probably my favourite parts are the atmospheric shots with the smoke generator, in one with a 4F I had at first thought you'd put it in there as a reference point, only to realise it was the model!

Look forward to seeing it progress!

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Great layout! The area certainly looks very realistic, the ground cover in particular! I'd never thought of using sand, something which I'll have to do when I get around to building my O scale layout for the engine area! 

The Mogul looks great... But I spy an original condition S class in the background there! Don't suppose that's also for Newton Grove?!

The 9F certainly looks incredibly, I remember seeing 92220 at the NRM in York when I went to Europe last year, and it's one hell of a loco! 

Probably my favourite parts are the atmospheric shots with the smoke generator, in one with a 4F I had at first thought you'd put it in there as a reference point, only to realise it was the model!

Look forward to seeing it progress!

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your complements on my layout Newton Grove.

The idea of using sand came from Steven Fay, who used it perfectly on his old micro-layout Cardiff Canton. It's a little fiddly at times but the results are worth it!

The S Class - yes you did spot it. The mogul is being built for me and so that photo was taken in front of his collection, not mine. I only have 7mm BR. The 9F is a brilliant model and in mid-2017 I have three Britannia 7MT's coming! I can't wait for that.

Thank you for following my layout and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Regards,

Newtz

Edited by Newtz1981
  • Like 1

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your complements on my layout Newton Grove.

The idea of using sand came from Steven Fay, who used it perfectly on his old micro-layout Cardiff Canton. It's a little fiddly at times but the results are worth it!

The S Class - yes you did spot it. The mogul is being built for me and so that photo was taken in front of his collection, not mine. I only have 7mm BR. The 9F is a brilliant model and in mid-2017 I have three Britannia &MT's coming! I can't wait for that.

Thank you for following my layout and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Regards,

Newtz

I have seen photos of 70015 Apollo entering Rose Grove.

I have seen photos of 70015 Apollo entering Rose Grove.

Hello Steve,

I think I've seen the same photo, or maybe even two photos of 70015 at Rose Grove taken on the same day.

Actually in a recent edition of Model Rail (No.224 August 2016) there is a photo of 70013 Oliver Cromwell sitting over the pits at Rose Grove - which is good as I'm ordered 70013 as one of my three 7MT's. The other two I have ordered are: 70000 Britannia and 70049 Solway Firth.

I can't wait to get these models to be honest. 9 months seems such a long time to wait  :(

I've decided to showcase a collection of images of different classes of locomotives at Rose Grove. I know that the classes altered as the years rolled on, however it's still good to see what was 'On Shed'.

post-17317-0-16891200-1474328167.jpg

Jinty 3F

post-17317-0-18211500-1474328238.jpg

Derby 4F

post-17317-0-38705500-1474328251_thumb.jpg

Black 5's and an 8F

post-17317-0-35001700-1474328269_thumb.jpg

8F 2-8-0

post-17317-0-27833700-1474328280.jpg

4472 Flying Scotsman visited Rose Grove to service while on rail tour duties

post-17317-0-04951900-1474328322.jpg

Jubilee Class

post-17317-0-39542000-1474328385_thumb.jpg

Standard 4 4-6-0

post-17317-0-43184200-1474328508.png

WD 8F 2-8-0

post-17317-0-80090600-1474328529.png

BR 9F 2-10-0

And of course there are photos of Britannia classes 70015 and 70013 at Rose Grove too.

Can anyone add to this list?  :)

• Like 3

I've decided to showcase a collection of images of different classes of locomotives at Rose Grove. I know that the classes altered as the years rolled on, however it's still good to see what was 'On Shed'.

attachicon.gif2393097711_4e4d4dd441.jpg

Jinty 3F

attachicon.gif4F Rose Grove table.jpg

Derby 4F

attachicon.gif3 Staniers on pit Rose Grove.jpg

Black 5's and an 8F

attachicon.gif48278.jpg

8F 2-8-0

attachicon.gif4472 Rose Grove.jpg

4472 Flying Scotsman visited Rose Grove to service while on rail tour duties

attachicon.gif2393097343_e578fb3362.jpg

Jubilee Class

attachicon.gif5965809669_257c846680_o.jpg

Standard 4 4-6-0

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-07-06 at 5.40.53 pm.png

WD 8F 2-8-0

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-07-06 at 5.40.16 pm.png

BR 9F 2-10-0

And of course there are photos of Britannia classes 70015 and 70013 at Rose Grove too.

Can anyone add to this list?  :)

Are you after Brits at Rose Grove, or all classes?  I've seen Royal Scots there (in photos), and if you have Noel Coates' books then there's an un-rebuilt Patriot too.  If it's Brits, are you including the Newton part of the equation.  I saw Britannia there (as already reported, and Arrow, plus a few others (I will need to dig out my old notebooks.

Watching with interest and enjoyment as Newton Grove progresses,

Steve

Are you after Brits at Rose Grove, or all classes?  I've seen Royal Scots there (in photos), and if you have Noel Coates' books then there's an un-rebuilt Patriot too.  If it's Brits, are you including the Newton part of the equation.  I saw Britannia there (as already reported, and Arrow, plus a few others (I will need to dig out my old notebooks.

Watching with interest and enjoyment as Newton Grove progresses,

Steve

Actually on reading the intro above, it's all classes.  Don't forget the Stanier and Fairburn 2-6-4 tanks (you already have a Crab on the books of course) and earlier say 1960, the ex L&Y tanks and 0-6-0 tender engines, but of course these latter would be out of your time frame.  I've seen photos of B1s too.

Steve

One of the photos was interesting, in that it was a Ex W.R. 8F (48278) and was fitted with steam heat fittings on the front buffer beam. It could be that the photo is post 68 and that it could be 48773? Look at the loco that is behind her!

OzzyO. 

One of the photos was interesting, in that it was a Ex W.R. 8F (48278) and was fitted with steam heat fittings on the front buffer beam. It could be that the photo is post 68 and that it could be 48773? Look at the loco that is behind her!

OzzyO. 

48773 doesn't have the WR type brake ejector though.  Bit of a strange photo, as I thought Bahamas was in LMS red by August '68 and had lost the BR number.

Steve

48773 doesn't have the WR type brake ejector though.  Bit of a strange photo, as I thought Bahamas was in LMS red by August '68 and had lost the BR number.

Steve

It's probably 48431 at the KWVR. She's a Swindon built 8F and the only one from Swindon to survive into preservation.

Edited by Newtz1981
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today, after a few months of doing nothing, I decided to pick up the tools and get cracking on Newton Grove once again. After the afternoon's work had been done I'm happy to say that inside of the shed is now starting to look good as I've created the smoke shoots. I cut some balsa wood to length, 6 pieces, and then I cut down two 'beams' to match the width of the shed. After this was done I spaced the beams to a distance that I though looked good and then holes in the balsa to accommodate them.

I'll let the photos do all the talking, so here are a few snaps of the work done.   :)

post-17317-0-60956100-1475904186_thumb.jpg

post-17317-0-39644600-1475904222_thumb.jpg

post-17317-0-35616400-1475904255_thumb.jpg

post-17317-0-74227500-1475904293_thumb.jpg

Next step is paint all this black and add detailing to the smoke shoots, then weathering.

• Like 12

Finally, today, I have added grass around the boothy and the wall of the bridge. No longer do I see the baseboard joint, where I had stopped beforehand and also the boothy looks so much better with the grass coming all the way up to its side.

I'll take some photos in the morning and post them up here for you all to see. Now I just need to finish the painting and assembly of the boothy and decide whether I add interior detail or not, as I do plan to put lighting in there. Hmm....  :scratchhead: 

• Like 2

I've ordered some brake blocks for Newton Grove as both single blocks and a pile of them. In all, I have ordered 10 piles and 50 single blocks. I can't wait to have these around the shed, it's going to look amazing!!

post-17317-0-46226900-1476130864_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I've ordered some brake blocks for Newton Grove as both single blocks and a pile of them. In all, I have ordered 10 piles and 50 single blocks. I can't wait to have these around the shed, it's going to look amazing!!

attachicon.gifBrake Blocks.JPG

Ah yes, just like by that low brick wall by the SE corner of Rose Grove shed main building!

• Like 1