Theft from Stafford Show

Tase

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, Robin, we are always 'innocent until proven guilty'.  It's up to the Police, the Public and any other authorities to provide undeniable proof and the Prosecutor/Court to find them guilty.  If there is insufficient proof, then the case will fall and it will cost the State, so cases are often closed if evidence is inconclusive.

Of course that does mean the clever ones can go unpunished, but the alternative would be far worse.

I agree, I been there with me mother but this bloke was about 25!

Sadly, it is a misconception that you need to be old to get diagnosed with Alzheimers. there have been cases of "early onset" Alzheimers diagnosed in patients as young as 8, though more commonly termed early onset dementia (marginally different). As the illness tends to take 5 to 10 years to manifest itself perhaps it could occur from birth. It does remain quite difficult to diagnose and is often just simply used as a convenient term for the general mental deterioration in ageing. It can be devastating for friends and family, often far more so than the individual concerned.

But probability suggests that this individual was not suffering and simply taking an opportunity - so much for security.

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately I think the hustle and bustle of shows allows for these opportunistic scrotes to operate. When I was at the St Albans show a couple of year's back, I was buying some things off a stand which was mobbed, I'd picked up a couple of items from one end but also needed some bits from the other end. The only way to get there was to walk back into the crowd and fight my way back through at the other end. Due to how busy they were, I then had to wait a couples of minutes while the staff served other customers before one became available for me to pay. Had I been minded to, there were two easy opportunities just to walk off with things.  I'm not in any way condoning the thefts or blaming busy traders, just pointing out how the environment can lend itself to aiding the low-lifes.

Archived