Is there a model of this thing?

PhilH

• RMweb Gold

Saw this recently whilst wandering around Germany and took a shine to it. I don't really know much about it apart from the fact that it was built in the 50s, has a power car at each end and the power units were early versions (smaller?) of those used in the V200s.

So, as per title, are there any models of it kicking about?

post-6683-0-57950200-1425049344_thumb.jpg

post-6683-0-65951900-1425049348_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Phil,

That would be a class VT 08.5 express diesel train originally used on Trans Europ Express services until displaced from these by the VT 11.5. ISTR that Rivarossi did a VT 08.5 in H0 scale a few years back, while Roco did the similar VT 12.5 which was designed for semi-fast general passenger service. The ex-TEE VT 08.5s were later rebuilt to match the VT 12.5s.

Can't comment on either model from my own experience, I'm afraid, but I hope this helps anyway.

Cheers!

Hi Phil,

That's an "Eierkopf" (Egg head!) and in addition to Dom's comments above, there was a Lima model (which may have become the Rivarossi model?), I'm pretty sure Roco have also done it too.

There are several Eierkopf variants too, electric MU and diesel single unit railcars; Kato did the single unit & trailer car - I have one, it is a lovely model but a pig to convert to DCC!

Anyway, now you know what to look for on ebay.DE!

Cheers,

John E.

Why not get the "Weltmeister" edition ? That is the train which he team took from Bern back to Germany, after winning the World Cup in 1954. There were large crowds at each station along the route. 

vt08_weltmeister.jpg

After all, it's a pleasant reminder that Germany often wins.  :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

Why not get the "Weltmeister" edition ? That is the train which he team took from Bern back to Germany, after winning the World Cup in 1954. There were large crowds at each station along the route. 

vt08_weltmeister.jpg

That's the one I saw when we went round Meiningen works. Doesn't run but can be towed apparently.

• RMweb Gold

vt08_weltmeister.jpg

It's just that Germany doesn't win the important things!

How to win friends and influence people!

Mike.

Archived