Timeshift: The Joy of Train Sets - The Model Railway Story

bigP

Watched it last night, unfortunately it has been edited from the original one hour program first broadcast on BBC4.

Yes it's on for an hour but there are 3 or it may have been 4 ad breaks that each last 5 minutes, and I mean 5 minutes.

Typical c***p Freeview channel that always seem to be showing commercials.

Edited by philsandy

I caught a bit of it last night. Will watch tonight. Well known faces include Ian Rice, Bob Symes and ,of course, Pete Waterman. A much younger Mike Sharman as well with his Cramptons.

Cramptons. Class 33/9, equipped for rack and pinion operation.

• RMweb Gold

Watched it last night, unfortunately it has been edited from the original one hour program first broadcast on BBC4.

Yes it's on for an hour but there are 3 or it may have been 4 ad breaks that each last 5 minutes, and I mean 5 minutes.

Typical c***p Freeview channel that always seem to be showing commercials.

It wasn't just my failing memory, then, because apart from being sure Iain Rice was going to pop up again, weren't Maggie and Gordon Gravett on the original transmission as well?

• RMweb Gold

the first timeshift was a much better watch. looking at the BTF and modernisation of BR. excellent if you can get to see it. lots of br blue (and grey).

That one is on iPlayer. I watched it only last week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b053pxdr/timeshift-series-14-5-the-nations-railway-the-golden-age-of-british-rail

Edited by 30801

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I am in the background in the top right hand corner of part 2. I was wearing light grey trousers, a pink shirt and a maroon railway tie so I have turned into a TV star.

I remember them filming at the Wessex Group of the Hornby Collectors' Association in Broadstone Methodist Church Centre. We were only allowed to run Hornby trains on the 0 gauge layout so there were no Ace or Darstaed trains that we usually run.

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, sjp23480 said:

This Timeshift episode from 2013 popped up in my BBC iPlayer playlist today: Timeshift, Series 12: 7. The Joy of (Train) Sets: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01q9vhy via @bbciplayer

The link doesn't work, try this https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01q9vhy

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1