Just Magic

AndrewA

I've recently acquired a partly built kit of a JM (Just Magic) models of a Fowler 2-6-4T.   What has been built is well done and what hasn't seems to be all there.   Only one thing is missing - instructions!   The company closed down a couple of years ago so I cannot contact them.   Does anyone happen to have a set of these instructions?

I've recently acquired a partly built kit of a JM (Just Magic) models of a Fowler 2-6-4T.   What has been built is well done and what hasn't seems to be all there.   Just one thing is missing - instructions!   The company closed down a couple of year ago so I cannot contact them.   Does anyone happen to have a set of these instructions?

The title of your thread does not give the nature of your request. Perhaps, changing the title to something more specific, such as Just Magic kit, Fowler 2-6-4T instructions needed.

Im sure that would get the attention of those who could help.

I've recently acquired a partly built kit of a JM (Just Magic) models of a Fowler 2-6-4T.   What has been built is well done and what hasn't seems to be all there.   Just one thing is missing - instructions!   The company closed down a couple of year ago so I cannot contact them.   Does anyone happen to have a set of these instructions?

The kit range was never called (Just Magic) the JM stood for the owners initials John Maidment. IIRC the just magic was only a nickname for the kits. A very nice man to deal with and one that I do miss. 

A better title could be JM kit instructions wanted, or instruction for a JM 2-6-4T kit wanted.

EDIT. to put in the correct last name.

JM stood for John Maidment who sadly is RIP and his wish was that his kit range died with him.

(I always think that attitude is a crying shame)

It appears that at least one survived - No instructions just makes it more of a challenge. Many instructions are not worth the paper they are printed on and some are so bad that they are a danger to kit building.

Why not post up a picture of its current state and I am sure you will get help and suggestions on how to proceed. Must admit I hardly ever look  at instructions-Kenton has summed it up well- and once you get past the first one or two, it becomes straightforward (sometimes :scratchhead: ).....

• RMweb Gold

Why not post up a picture of its current state and I am sure you will get help and suggestions on how to proceed. Must admit I hardly ever look  at instructions-Kenton has summed it up well- and once you get past the first one or two, it becomes straightforward (sometimes :scratchhead: ).....

(I always think that attitude is a crying shame)

It appears that at least one survived - No instructions just makes it more of a challenge. Many instructions are not worth the paper they are printed on and some are so bad that they are a danger to kit building.

I think Ben and Kenton have made good points.....I have completed a JM kit in the past and his instructions did seem generic.

Post some pics and see what we can come up with ........

Regards

John

You need to follow the 7mm yahoo group where the following was posted earlier today:

There was a gentleman on the GoG Forum who was looking for the instructions to a JM LMS 2-6-4T. I originally told him I had some, but after looking I had to say I must have sold the kit. Typically, when looking for something else I found I still had the kit. So if anyone is aware if he is still looking perhaps they could pass a message on saying I have them now.

Thanks

Terry

• 1 month later...

Archived