For those who like their 60's diesels and electrics

Oooh I dont know-read the comments below the video.

Couldn't agree more Russell. When I were spotter, flailing was reserved for the boy with the cat-of-nine-tails, duff was reserved for something that was Cr"p, Spoons were the wee white plastic things that travellers fare gave with your MaxPak and fruit slice "breakfast". Hanging out the carriage droplights was a sure way to bring the BTP boys on at the next stop!

Bob.

watching the video, I noticed a number of the coaches had a yellow sign on the sides. In a couple of the close-ups I could see that there was wrighting on the sign but could not read what it said. Could anybody enlighten me?

The square yellow signs are WR destination boards. The writing shows the principal stations at which the train is due to stop.

Geoff Endacott

• RMweb Gold

The square yellow signs are WR destination boards. The writing shows the principal stations at which the train is due to stop.

Geoff Endacott

I was going to ask that too- how come on the trains made up of both blue/grey and maroon coaching stock the yellow signs are only on the blue/greys?

I think that just happened to be the case on the trains that have been filmed on this occasion, I've seen plenty of photos featuring Maroon Mk1s with the yellow boards on too. smile.gif There is certainly one in 'Sixties Spotting Days around the North Eastern Region'. It also suggests that they were used on inter-regional trains, as the stock is headed up by a Black 5 at Bradford Forster Square.

I was going to ask that too- how come on the trains made up of both blue/grey and maroon coaching stock the yellow signs are only on the blue/greys?

It may have something to do with when the brackets were fitted? If it happened when going through works they may have been repainted at the same time?

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

^^^^

These clips were taken off commercial DVDs and therefore breached copyright so they and the poster were removed.

The DVDs are "Diesel & Electric on 35mm" 1 to 3 and can be bought from Video 125.

Video 125 Home page

DVD 1 & 2

DVD 3

Ironically those clips prompted me to buy copies of them!

No connection except as a satisfied customer.

• 1 month later...

Archived