For those who like their 60's diesels and electrics

A lot of the passenger trains show the full formation too - love the maroon Gresley buffet at the end of the blue/grey Mk1 rake at Teighmouth.

What was the passenger vehicle used as a brake van on the ECML Frightliner? BG or Mk1 Suburban brake?

It looks very much like one of the tapes I have from Video 125. I wonder if the material will be on YouTube much longer?

Geoff Endacott

I suspected as much Geoff, the split headcode Peak looked like a clip from 'Diesels & Electrics on 35mm' (volume one), do you have any idea which volume the Warship's footage is from ?

Cheers Phill

Some of that stuff's on (as noted above) "Diesels & Electrics on 35mm" and I'm fairly certain that the Type 4s on Liner Trains is from one of the BTF series, "Forward to First Principles", I think. I have them both on video but until I've watched them again...

Phil

I had a glance at these earlier on, and absolutely loved them. I have yet to see a Warship actually moving in reality so I like to see them on film, especially amongst the Green Peaks and 47's with 'real' maroon abd blue/grey Mk1s. Much enjoyed. :)

What was the passenger vehicle used as a brake van on the ECML Frightliner? BG or Mk1 Suburban brake?

The shot was dark, but I think it was a suburban BS

Good quality stuff biggrin.gif - nothing less powerful than a Type 4 though apart from an EE Type 3 on a container train.

There's some 31s, 27s and 33s on the second one, not to mention various DMUs - a nice sequence with a 114 alongside some Lincolnshire waterway

The shot was dark, but I think it was a suburban BS

There's some 31s, 27s and 33s on the second one, not to mention various DMUs - a nice sequence with a 114 alongside some Lincolnshire waterway

Cracking stuff on there. A bit before my time but they are diesels all the same!biggrin.gif cool.gif

Ohhhhhh,

just had a bad day at work and came across this - first of all thanks - transported me back to very happy holidays in South Devon circa 71 onwards and head is whizzing from

double headed Warships, 4 in quick succession at the end of Smugglers Lane - (you could stand there for hours now and just see 142s and Voyagers every half hour or so), a blue and maroon double headed Warship combo heading under my favourite place to hold up my parents returns to the Beach Hotel after a day at Coryton Cove with me facing the sea wall, not the sea, - the Beach Hotel on Marine Parade - (The Beach Hotel Owen the Rail !!), the lower quadrant outer home at the entrance to Kennaway tunnel with that wonderful sighting board - Westerns - proper locos, proper trains, Sonning Cutting - Two tone green 47s, proper freight with brake vans, conflats, More Westerns, Proper trains with hydraulics, (that lovely high revving noise) - motorail flats - Ford Transits (!), proper trains (shame there's no milk trains or siphons).........

I'm sorry it isn't my rose tinted specs is it - it really was that good then.

I am off to lie down.

Matt Wood

The coach in the first bit of freightliner footage certainly looks like a blue Mk1 suburban brake but what is the maroon coach in the later freightliner film?

Looks like the roof may have been modified.

Archived