Loctite 603 - where to buy?

I'm in the middle of building a Dave Alexander kit with a high level gear box i have been told that Loctite 603 would be ideal for bonding worm gears to shafts etc etc. Unfortunately I am unable to find this type of loctite in my local Halfords at all does anyone know or anywhere else that might sell it.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a retaining compound or super glue which can or will do the job?

Go on who else was intrigued? I don't quite know now if I am disappointed and just confused. :unsureclear:

I think it may have been more Freudian than key slippage (i,o) are a long way from (a) :D

[Ed] Phew, miraculously changed while posting - that's a big relief.

I'm in the middle of building a Dave Alexander kit with a high level gear box i have been told that Loctite 603 would be ideal for bonding worm gears to shafts etc etc. Unfortunately I am unable to find this type of loctite in my local Halfords at all does anyone know or anywhere else that might sell it.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a retaining compound or super glue which can or will do the job?

Granville Bearing Fit, which Halfords stock or Permatex Bearing Mount do the same thing. The Granville product can also be used as a threadlocker.

Just make sure you don't lactate it over everything.

Archived