The Next Project - Roxey Planet

What is the wheelbase of this drivetrain, Cap'n? I was just wondering if it would suit a Nonneminstre Kent Construction loco kit, which, I think, was designed for a 24mm SPUD.

• RMweb Gold

What is the wheelbase of this drivetrain, Cap'n? I was just wondering if it would suit a Nonneminstre Kent Construction loco kit, which, I think, was designed for a 24mm SPUD.

It's 24.5mm, at it's maximum extent, but it can 'fold up' slightly to create a slightly shorter wheelbase.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Very nice, Cap'n. I see on your blog that the "Quadriver" is almost as wide asthe frame spacers. How long ago did you buy this? I ask as the Judith Edge Ruton 88DS uses a "Quadriver" but along the drivetrain it is not much wider than the gears themselves; probably about 5mm or so. I'm wondering whether yours is an old design, or if the one I built is especially for the 88DS.

The drive fitted to the Planet was a special Chris G devised for me after some pestering :-)

Gordon A

You have to ask for it when nobody else is around and it comes in a plain wrapper.