Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Wait until you have a depraved trip around it...  :girldevil:  xD

If it's like the pictures in that Flickr set,  I'm getting a Taxi straight there. Well just after breakfast. I've been out earleir and bought a good supply of Tunnocks wafers just to get some practice in.

Eating my first wafer got me thinking, is the lady doing the Can Can, doing the Can Can just because she can or maybe she's doing the Can Can for the man with the can because the man with the can asked her if she could Can Can? Maybe the man with the can is the Mad McCann?

Maybe the woman doing the Can Can is Suzi Quatro?

P

• Like 1

Right, back to railways then.

LNER straight rail bufferstop BS19, suitable for OO,EM,P4.

post-10324-0-42530500-1453653487.jpg

post-10324-0-30400600-1453653516.jpg

Just the instructions to write and some packaging and they'll be out this week then a GNR bufferstop.

Looking through an LNER loco sheds book last night and there are a lot more of these stops around than I thought.

Dave Franks.

• Like 7

Well all the new bufferstops, loco lamps, guards van lamps and tail lamps are packed and ready to go out to all you lovely people and guess what....

The website is refusing to play again....

I ask you.

Dave Franks.

Well all the new bufferstops, loco lamps, guards van lamps and tail lamps are packed and ready to go out to all you lovely people and guess what.....

I wondered why you've been quiet all day.

I've only one more thing to say, "Girlings of Kirkiintilloch"

P

I like axleboxes

Axlebox (that's my name this time)

You really should see a Trick Cyclist.

I'm told these fixations with things can become obsessive.

Some Axleboxes by Axlebox yesterday.

post-508-0-52214900-1454285440.jpg

post-508-0-95639900-1454285442.jpg

Hybox for me please. (What am I saying!)

Oh that's it. BOLLARDS! Nice traffic direction bollards, (and cast iron bus shelters)

P

PS. Might we see the appearance of this toupe of outer brake van lamp one day?

4208045277_7a3a881025_z.jpgHandsworth, Queen's Head Box. 19 September 1964 by ricsrailpics, on Flickr

Edited by Porcy Mane

You mean like these, not quite the same side lamps as these are BR type.

post-10324-0-46659100-1454324399.jpg

The lamps are all packed and ready to go and you would be able to buy them if they were up on the website but as I said - the website isn't playing again...

One could ofcourse send me an email of your wants and then pay for something different on the website and I'll send the lamps.

Dave Franks

• Like 2

Mr Franks' Sorry to go off topic again but you'll thank me.

Just the thing for a layout based around Wharfedale. Hope you're prepared for this...

24124471064_5f5e0b8e04_b.jpgICI Chlorine Tankers by Tony Lambert, on Flickr

It's enough to make a mans hair fall out.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

Yes Paul, the ABS material for the tanks is bought, machined to length and ready to put together. The wagon chassis I had intended to use was the Dapol 12ft RCH chassis from the hopper but I think something better could be made nowadays.... The old HD chlorine tank wagon has a tank just the right size for the smaller ammonia tanker but as the majority of tanks were a larger 7ft diameter I had to use Plastruct parts, they do 28mm pressure vessel ends and the tube to match. I now have photos of the bolsters and end frames so I could cast those easily but time my boy time....

That photo is new to me probably as it is titled chlorine tanks!!! whereas I've been searching ammonia tanks, it is liquified ammonia that ran through Wharfedale.

Do you know why they would be at Pelaw? Possibly carrying chlorine I suppose.

Thanks,

Dave Franks

Hello all, the Lanarkshire Models website still hasn't been updated but it is still functioning properly with orders coming in as usual.

All the new products are still waiting to be added.

The problem is the American hosts 'Arvixe' who took over the hosting for Webeasy recently and who have made a complete pigs ear of transferring data to a new server, it has affected many many people world wide apparently. Oh, they send their apologises and are working on the problem. LOL.

Just looked at a review page(s) and it does make interesting reading about how bad these people are.... So I'll be looking for a better UK based service for the new website.

Email me if you are 'desparate' for the new straight rail bufferstop BS19 or the new later LMS/BR loco lamp or the guards van side and tail lamps and we'll work something out.

Also, the Pattern Makers Dowels are now sold out and won't be replaced as the makers now want a ridiculous price for carriage to Scotland.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Edited by davefrk

Yes Paul, the ABS material for the tanks is bought, machined to length and ready to put together. The wagon chassis I had intended to use was the Dapol 12ft RCH chassis from the hopper but I think something better could be made nowadays.... The old HD chlorine tank wagon has a tank just the right size for the smaller ammonia tanker but as the majority of tanks were a larger 7ft diameter I had to use Plastruct parts, they do 28mm pressure vessel ends and the tube to match. I now have photos of the bolsters and end frames so I could cast those easily but time my boy time....

That photo is new to me probably as it is titled chlorine tanks!!! whereas I've been searching ammonia tanks, it is liquified ammonia that ran through Wharfedale.

Thanks,

Dave Franks

John Isherwood, of Cambridge Custom Transfers, has done a number of 'cross-kitted' ICI chemical tankers on this forum, which are worth searching out. He's done a number of sheets of transfers for the various types, which you might find useful.

The chlorine tanks would have originated at one of the ICI sites on Teesside- I think it was Wilton that produced it. The stuff has a lot of uses. It could have been going to Grangemouth, to produce vinyl chloride, or one of the various paint and chemical works around Scotland, or a pulp mill, such as Corpach. Might it have been routed this way to avoid the ECML from Ferryhill northwards?

Thanks,

Dave Franks

Parkside 12ft  wb underframe with 3.2 mm channel interior and Bradwell Brake levers, vs and guides. Dave does a dedicated etch. MJT LNER axleboxes unless someone comes up with an improved version. :mocking_mini:  

Wagon labels show the ammonia Flow through Wharfedale was bi directional, Ammonia was produced at both ICI Heysham (Tripnell Etc) and Billingham' The daily ICI Billingam to Heysham Moss 7M26 and 7N54 return was predominantly Ammonia Tanks but also regularly carried other ICI products such as some of many Acids, Methanol and Chlorine as well as straight ammonia and ammonia liquor. 

Here's some PB phots showing tanks in the train, including what looks like one of the regular 16 ton mineral pairs used as barriers. The location is the layover siding at Skipton.

There was an Ex WD/ICI ammonia liquor tank painted in the later blue livery preserved on the Swanage, Don't know if It's still there?

I'll do a fuller reply later. 

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

John Isherwood, of Cambridge Custom Transfers, has done a number of 'cross-kitted' ICI chemical tankers on this forum, which are worth searching out. He's done a number of sheets of transfers for the various types, which you might find useful.

The chlorine tanks would have originated at one of the ICI sites on Teesside- I think it was Wilton that produced it. The stuff has a lot of uses. It could have been going to Grangemouth, to produce vinyl chloride, or one of the various paint and chemical works around Scotland, or a pulp mill, such as Corpach. Might it have been routed this way to avoid the ECML from Ferryhill northwards?

Hi Brian, yes I had spoken with John at CCT some time ago regarding these transfers but I haven't yet got around to purchasing any.

Dave Franks.

Hi people, believe it or not but the new LMS/BR loco lamps LP03 are sold out and they aren't even on the website yet. I will be casting on Friday so don't worry there'll be plenty more to go around. Similar to LP01 but with the side pocket for the red slide that goes behind the front lens.

post-10324-0-49787400-1454527480.jpg

Dave Franks

• Like 2