Diagram 108 wagon #12052

Spitfire2865

Ok, this may sound ridiculous, but Im lost.

Probably months ago I wrote down a diagram and running number for some wagon type. I have no idea when or what it is, but knowing me, its a freight wagon or brake van for either early LMS or one of its constituent companies. Probably the latter due to low diagram number. Probably Midland, L&Y, or LNWR, possibly Furness even. I dont know.

The note is simply

D 108

I really need to be more explicit on the future, but can anyone help me?

Ive checked through my photograph collection and LMS Wagons Vol 1 by Essery.

Also googled it multiple times, no luck.

Anyone know what I made a note of?

If it is of any help, PAGE 108 of the Midland Railway Wagon Diagram Book is a 15T Flat Case Wagon to Diagram D883 which went into the LMS Specially Built Wagons book as Page 34. No running numbers to hand though.

No thats not it. If it was a page rather than diagram I would have scribbled down P not D.

Also, never heard of a flat case wagon, so theres that too.

Thanks though.

never heard of a flat case wagon, so theres that too.

It's flat wagon (obviously), 18ft wb, 30ft over headstocks. No apparent body, just a floor with four sets of stanchions. A bit like a Double Bolster wagon but different.

Can't see a D108 in the Midland book so it's likely to be another company.

With a bit of lateral thinking;

BR diag 1/108. B120052. Lot 2380. Gloucester. 1952.

Perhaps?

Also B12052 was a Hurst Nelson unclassified mineral wagon.

Just a thought.

Mike.

No. Cant be that. I have no interest in BR so wouldnt have noted that.

Diagram 108 in the Caledonian book is a WCJS 25ft 6 wheel Fish van with double doors and louvered vents set in LNWR style paneling built to run as a NPCS vehicle if that's any help. Steve

Edit. It would look a bit like this but off the top of my head I think this is a similar diagram 107 30ft fish van and NOT a diagram 108 van but it gives you an idea, if you want I can go through my books and get a proper picture of the diagram 108 van later (It's 3am and I've just got up for a quick jimmy)

post-17847-0-51221300-1430273841.jpg

Diagram 108 in the Caledonian book is a WCJS 25ft 6 wheel Fish van with double doors and louvered vents set in LNWR style paneling built to run as a NPCS vehicle if that's any help. Steve

Edit. It would look a bit like this but off the top of my head I think this is a similar diagram 107 30ft fish van and NOT a diagram 108 van but it gives you an idea, if you want I can go through my books and get a proper picture of the diagram 108 van later (It's 3am and I've just got up for a quick jimmy)

attachicon.giffish van.jpg

Nice van but no. Not something I would have noted.

LNWR D.108 is a single trolly wagon to load 25 tons, number 50000.

Possibly. Do you have a photo of one?

If not that LNWR wagon, Im simply stumped.

Cant see a reason for me to have written down these numbers without reason, but might have to be left as a mystery.

No photo, but it was a bogie well wagon with inside bearing bogies.

However there is a kit of a very similar D.96 on eBay at the moment.

Hmm. Very strange. I wouldnt have noted a bogie wagon though.

Im really lost here. No clue what I could have noted. Could D108 mean anything besides diagram to you? My first guess is that, but for all I know, it could be a serial number or something.

• 2 months later...

Ok, this may sound ridiculous, but Im lost.

Probably months ago I wrote down a diagram and running number for some wagon type. I have no idea when or what it is, but knowing me, its a freight wagon or brake van for either early LMS or one of its constituent companies. Probably the latter due to low diagram number. Probably Midland, L&Y, or LNWR, possibly Furness even. I dont know.

The note is simply

D 108

I really need to be more explicit on the future, but can anyone help me?

Ive checked through my photograph collection and LMS Wagons Vol 1 by Essery.

Also googled it multiple times, no luck.

Anyone know what I made a note of?

Where were you when the note was made?

Mark Saunders

Where were you when the note was made?

At my desk at Uni. Probably searching the internet and noted it down.

Mark Saunders

Another thought, have you put D108 when you were maybe thinking D103? That's a LNWR 1 Plank 18FT wagon, kit available from David Geen

Couldntve been. It was distinctly an 8 rather than a 3, and at the time I had already bought a David Geen D103 kit. And looking at my photos of the type, none come up with that number, not even close.

Archived