The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Volvo 850 car trouble

Jenny Emily

• RMweb Gold

Jenny,

That is really great news.

A new career as the"Volvo Whisperer" perhaps, repairing those that others would have given up on! Hope you get another 200000 miles out of it!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Well done Jenny and everyone that helped.  Cam sensors are known to give hassle on the Diesel Flawed Foci too, I hear.  Don't fail completely, just.... about.

Jenny a lady?  Don't know about that, but I do know she is a professional driver, broadcaster and quite an admirable person.

Giving closure on the thread is so important, car forums are full of really interesting fault finding threads with no conclusions.  I always try to drop back in to give an answer of any I start, even if it's negative.

I was reluctant to bring this up earlier, but when Jenny described her code reader, I remembered that on at least one vehicle I had (a Ford I think) you could insert a jumper into the OBD connector and when the ignition was turned on, a the trouble codes were reported by "morse code" type flashes one of the dashboard lights.

Hopefully the Volvo 850 did not support a similar arrangement!

Well done Jenny, excellent work. With no technical knowledge I didn't post earlier but have followed the thread with fingers crossed . There's nothing worse than car troubles which always seem to crop up when you can least afford it.

After that success how would you feel about attempting a dual mass flywheel and clutch on an XC90?

Atb

Nik

Delighted to see a positive outcome to this. I've been following it right through and as pleased to see it pass as I would if it had been my own car!

Well done Jenny

Given the help that the old boy at Lakes Autos had given me over the last couple of weeks, I was going to gift him the car in return as a thank-you. It only has a scrap value of £100 and I would have rather it went to a place where parts of it might help others to fix their cars than just get squashed into a cube and sent to China for reprocessing.

Still, he'll have to wait now as I've got at least another 12 months, possibly longer.

Archived