Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Lunester Lounge 2017.... for ANY topic you wish to discuss

Afternoon all,

AndyP, thanks as usual for your kind comments mate, I really have been a bit 'grotty' lately, and I've had a couple of days out because, despite feeling really under the weather, I had promised my grandson we'd look after the two kids overnight and yesterday in the absence of his partner (the great grand children's mum) who is on a long weekend away to celebrate her mum's 50th! We also had great granddaughter for a couple of hours this morning while he and his lad went off to have some emergency work done to his work van- gluttons for punishment! I've always made it a principle not to break a promise if at all possible, and as it happens, the two kids were great! The rest today is however very welcome. As usual, looking in here from time to time is very cheering - the 'wet lettuce' topic makes me certain that Jeff's selection of the word 'asylum' was indeed very astute!

Jeff, hope your journey to Cumbria is safe and that your stay is enjoyable. All being well your batteries will be recharged and tha action in the 'bunker' will kick off again on your return!

Hope all of you attending shows which may or may not include unmentionable things, have a great time, and that you in particular Andy don't get too over tired at next weekend's affair where you and George are threatening to help Peter!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B

Great Jock's back, life as we know it can carry on as normal. :stinker:

Still not sure about some of the humour though. :mail:

I need to do a report in the OTHER Lounge because I'm NOT ALOUD to in here, so I cant say what it is I'm referring to for fear of retribution from the man in the Green MANAKINNININIE :no: type thong, please just DONT turn anround and touch your toes. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  heheeeeehe :sungum:

:locomotive:  :locomotive:

That mankini was made for swimming off Cumbria, at a nice secluded place called Sellafield (or Windscale to old folks. Actually, it looks like it's already been swimming there, it would account for many things. :drag: 

Back from the show that must not be named. 

Bank of Grandad survived pretty much intact (phew) only being exercised for three ###### ######, comprising one open, one tanker and one van. Happy meal duly consumed and a trip to Antic's for a chorus of "HOW MUCH?!!!" we headed for what turned out to be an interesting ride home.

The Supertram was running wrong road out of town and being worked single track. Having seats right behind the driver, we were able to see the driver stop and get out to check that the crossover was correctly set and locked. Then having moved over to the right line, hand over the token to the temporary bobby to pass to the driver of the tram waiting to enter the section. All being explained to my granddaughter by an off duty driver and much enjoyed by both I think.

Bet that ###### ###### gets language filtered :angel:   

• Like 4

She did it! Last night the delightful Miss Sara finally got her first clear view of the ISS, together with a group of guests from the Midland Hotel taking an after-supper constitutional along the Jetty and two police officers who wandered down to see what we were up to!

In her own words:

“When they tell us about space and people going to the moon and stuff at school it sometimes feels like it’s just pretend but now that I’ve seen that ‘spaceship’ I know it’s all real!”

I am now under strict instructions to get the telescope “really, really soon, then we can explore”.  Ah well! Looks like the new Workstation’s going to have to wait a bit!

Regards

Bill

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

My wifey, Carys, had to go for a test at Nothwich Park Hospital. I went with her. While she was having her test I found a WH Smifffs and brought a couple of model railway mags to waste the time with. I think this is the best place to mention this as like the magazines this is the lounge that is not about model railways. :mosking:

• Like 5

My wifey, Carys, had to go for a test at Nothwich Park Hospital. I went with her. While she was having her test I found a WH Smifffs and brought a couple of model railway mags to waste the time with. I think this is the best place to mention this as like the magazines this is the lounge that is not about model railways. :mosking:

Very subtle that our Clive! In fact you've got me wavering between the wet lettuce and the dreaded probe! Decisions, decisions! In fact I think we should let Headmaster Grainger decide (he says in a fit of abject cowardice!)

Hope there's nothing to worry about with the good lady Clive and that she'll soon be back to chasing you around for making a mess!

Regards

Bill

• Like 1

That mankini was made for swimming off Cumbria, at a nice secluded place called Sellafield (or Windscale to old folks. Actually, it looks like it's already been swimming there, it would account for many things. :drag:

Somewhere around here, I have photos of mum, grandmum & uncle (?) swimming at Windscale.  They lived close enough that in 1957, the farm across the road was dumping milk...

James

• RMweb Premium

Very subtle that our Clive! In fact you've got me wavering between the wet lettuce and the dreaded probe! Decisions, decisions! In fact I think we should let Headmaster Grainger decide (he says in a fit of abject cowardice!)

Hope there's nothing to worry about with the good lady Clive and that she'll soon be back to chasing you around for making a mess!

Regards

Bill

Hope it all goes well, Clive.

And Bill, yes, Headmaster Grainger is out to dish a good spanking for the semi-transgressions. A large buttermilk squash will be the weapon for administering punishment! Sure to make your eyes water!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I haven't posted any garden pics for a couple of weeks and the rear garden - plants aside - is almost completed. So, especially for Jock and Andy, here's three that I took on Friday/Saturday:

post-13778-0-28533800-1434282613_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-79731600-1434282628_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-84384400-1434282633_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

On the Astronomy/Space front, great news - the Philae lander on the surface of comet 67P has powered up and contacted Earth.

Amazing, months after it had been presumed "lost"!!

Jeff

• Like 2

On the Astronomy/Space front, great news - the Philae lander on the surface of comet 67P has powered up and contacted Earth.

Amazing, months after it had been presumed "lost"!!

Jeff

Excellent news! I love that quote from Matt Taylor....... “Apparently it’s quite difficult to fly around a comet.”

Compared to a statement from a certain Captain Meek's of the USA expressing the current view held in 1930, just 85 years ago......."Good God man! You're a physicist! You should know it's impossible to fly to the moon!", I can only wander what our offspring will be talking about in 85 years time!

Regards

Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

The garden is looking magnificent well done.

I take it that this is not the lander who's solar cells didn't open completely,

Mike

Cheers. Mike

The probe you were referring to was the British Beagle 2 mission to Mars. Contact was lost and it was assumed to have disintegrated on landing. However, it was imaged from Mars orbit earlier this year, intact, save, as you say for not fully-opened solar cells. A great shame as the driving force behind the project, Prof Colin Pilger from the OU, died a while ago and never knew how close to success he'd been.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I haven't posted any garden pics for a couple of weeks and the rear garden - plants aside - is almost completed. So, especially for Jock and Andy, here's three that I took on Friday/Saturday:

attachicon.gifDSCF2924a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF2938a.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF2940a.jpg

Jeff

Jeff,

Dare I say that it looks quite 'amaz(e)ing'!  Phenomenal.

Peter

The Garden looks fantastic Jeff, Now maybe WE / YOU can concentrate on the finer things in life, like KL 2.75 and a half. Mind you were looking for a Gardener for our Estate, the job comes complete with and EMPTY Potting Shed, (don't ask).

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Looking good Jeff.

Whats the 2 things pointing up on the last pic.Is it an ailen probe thingy . :O

Mark

Actually the handles of a hand fork and trowel, Mark. Though they'd probably be "fit for purpose"!!

Btw, the cucumber and buttermilk squash "probes" are growing in the greenhouse!!  :O  :O  :O  :O

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

The Garden looks fantastic Jeff, Now maybe WE / YOU can concentrate on the finer things in life, like KL 2.75 and a half. Mind you were looking for a Gardener for our Estate, the job comes complete with and EMPTY Potting Shed, (don't ask).

Wot's happened Mr P?

We HAVE to ask now Andy! EMPTY potting shed??

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Andy. The back garden - building-wise - is completed (well, nearly!) The plants need a bit of attention, but that's also enjoyable. My brother will have me doing a (little) bit of building work during his summer hols. I'm away in Cumbria until next Sunday, and the 11" arrives on the 23rd. But I'm feeling a lot more positive about the bunker now - got rid of some more crap yesterday (see pic), so beware - I may be Bunkering soon!

post-13778-0-66311900-1434306933_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 5

Since last year I cant seem to concentrate on anything proper for very long, and I was getting increasingly frustrated with Whittaker St, so that's come to a halt at the moment, and I got Lee up today to take away the board he made yesterday.

Its the Lunchtime Lull as they say.

Normal service will resume in due course.