Lunester Lounge 2017.... for ANY topic you wish to discuss

• RMweb Premium

Mot to mention these which are often deployed for the more difficult rescue missions (I haven't copied the photos as they may be copyrighted)

http://www.baysearchandrescue.org.uk/hagglunds.html

I mis-read the link (in its abbreviated form) as "baywatch" and clicked expecting to see a collection of bikini-clad blondes swarming to the rescue....

Should've gone to Specsavers (erm, I DO!!)....

Jeff

I mis-read the link (in its abbreviated form) as "baywatch" and clicked expecting to see a collection of bikini-clad blondes swarming to the rescue....

Should've gone to Specsavers (erm, I DO!!)....

Jeff

See! This is what happens when you're having sawdust withdrawal symptoms Jeff. Hopefully tomorrow will see you get your 'fix' and put that right! Meanwhile I might just have a play with Poser just in case! :angel:  :angel:  :angel:  :yahoo: 

Regards

Bill

• Like 1

Morning all,

Brief visit due to not having been terribly well for some time! Most stupid thing I ever did, way more daft than any of the many others was to marry my first wife! Have to say however that it did produce a beautiful son who has turned into a true gentleman of whom I'm very proud.

Ready for the smell sawdust here Jeff,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Brief visit due to not having been terribly well for some time! Most stupid thing I ever did, way more daft than any of the many others was to marry my first wife! Have to say however that it did produce a beautiful son who has turned into a true gentleman of whom I'm very proud.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Good to hear from you Jock. Hope you're feeling better as the wood cutting gets underway.

I must admit, the smell of freshly cut wood is very appealing - along the lines of freshly made coffee or newly cut grass.

Breathe deeply my friend!!

Jeff

Edit: Btw, no lunar images recently as I now have a schedule of "targets" - most of which require a minimum lunar altitude of 30 degrees.

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I think that Bay Search And Rescue is of more use that a blonde if you're stuck in the quicksands of Morecambe Bay and they're real experts in the art of rescue in very difficult conditions.  They are fully independent, and get no State funding at all - most of their kit was donated or acquired second hand, but is none the less effective for that.  I am seriously considering volunteering to work in one of their shops, as I really admire their work (and as a secondary reason that the volunteers can have a ride in one of the Hagglunds).

Edited by 45156
  • Like 4

Morning all,

Kind regards,

Jock.

As you keep saying to me Jock, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, we really enjoy your posts, and especially this one, true honesty my friend, I was WARNED by many friends of the same with my first Wife, and they were right, but no children. However when I met Dee she had TWO sets of Twins 15 Months apart, they were 12 and 13 when I met them, the Girls are now 50 and the boys have just turned 49, there really great FRIENDS and will do anything for me, wonderful.

• Like 5

Another minor crisis in the household yesterday which ended up with me in A&E.

We had just eaten a rather hot chili for lunch and while doing the dishes I came over all hot and dizzy and started to say to Linda 'I think that heat has got to me as..' the next thing I remember is opening my eyes on a cold, hard tiled floor. I did think to myself I feel quite lovely and cool down here but why did I come here? I then heard Linda on the phone going through an emergency call and was told not to move as there was a small pool of blood under my head but after twenty minutes it started to get a bit too uncomfortable so I sat up wrapped in a tea towel,

Anyway ended up in A&E plenty of checks, head patched up and sent home.

I've now been ordered by wife, son and friend to take things easy, so it looks as if I will have plenty of time on here for today anyway.

We had just eaten a rather hot chili for lunch and while doing the dishes I came over all hot and dizzy and started to say to Linda 'I think that heat has got to me as..' the next thing I remember is opening my eyes on a cold, hard tiled floor. I did think to myself I feel quite lovely and cool down here but why did I come here? I then heard Linda on the phone going through an emergency call and was told not to move as there was a small pool of blood under my head but after twenty minutes it started to get a bit too uncomfortable so I sat up wrapped in a tea towel,

I've now been ordered by wife, son and friend to take things easy, so it looks as if I will have plenty of time on here for today anyway.

Wow Jim, you need to take more care Buddy, Things like that are pretty scary at the best of times, I'm not sure of your age, but I guess your about retired or nearly and so EXTRA care is needed, sit in the chair and enjoy the Web or a good Railway Mag, I hope you'll be up and about again soon.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jim,

Sorry to hear this.  Did they think there was an underlying cause or was it just a 'one off'.

Take it easy, and get other family members to look after you for a couple of days.

All the best.

Thanks Andy

I turned 60 near the end of last year and have had a couple of thorough MOTs over the last 18 months or so and all is OK. Obviously I did get the full Temp, BP and ECG thing yesterday for collapsing but after a spell of irregular heart beats possibly the trauma of it everything returned to well within normal limits. :)

I was going to clear the gutters out today but the glare from the missus :angry: :nono: told me all I needed to know, made my son laugh. though :mosking:

Chris

Thanks, just saw your message come through as I was about to post, it would appear to be a one off but the GPs will get in touch if they feel the need.

Cheers

Jim, being an absolute :angel: for those here today

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy

I turned 60 near the end of last year and have had a couple of thorough MOTs over the last 18 months or so and all is OK. Obviously I did get the full Temp, BP and ECG thing yesterday for collapsing but after a spell of irregular heart beats possibly the trauma of it everything returned to well within normal limits. :)

I was going to clear the gutters out today but the glare from the missus :angry: :nono: told me all I needed to know, made my son laugh. though :mosking:

Chris

Thanks, just saw your message come through as I was about to post, it would appear to be a one off but the GPs will get in touch if they feel the need.

Cheers

Jim, being an absolute :angel: for those here today

Jim,

Clearing gutters, yes.  I should not 'do' ladders as I have a balance problem which rears its ugly head on occasions without warning.  Fortunately the Magpies around here do it for me.  They wait for a clump of green stuff to form then pick it up and throw it down.  Quite convenient really.  We have a ladder but my wife is insisting that it goes to my son once he has moved.

• Like 5

Jim,

As your other digital friends said above, sorry to hear about your accident. I would tend to be very careful for a time, and avoiding ladders would be prudent. Hope the head wound proves to be superficial and quick healing.

Take good care,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Jim - take care and best wishes!

Jock - since you mentioned it in KL2, here's a pic from an hour ago. There may be some close up pics tomorrow, depending on whether I get the time to process tonight's video.

post-13778-0-46819000-1440714755_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 8

Thanks to all for the support given it certainly cheers one up. After a brief spell of headaches, nausea and dizziness all seems to be settling nicely now, still avoiding power tools and driving though.

Spending a lot of time on researching a engin green steam driven iron horse that started life as a Camel :O  :scratchhead: .kept me occupied for a few hours but well worth the effort.

Thanks to all once again and off for another look round.

Jim

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to all for the support given it certainly cheers one up. After a brief spell of headaches, nausea and dizziness all seems to be settling nicely now, still avoiding power tools and driving though.

Spending a lot of time on researching a engin green steam driven iron horse that started life as a Camel :O  :scratchhead: .kept me occupied for a few hours but well worth the effort.

Thanks to all once again and off for another look round.

Jim

Jim,

Try not to rush back into things until you are ready and everyone agrees that there is no lasting concussion.

All the best.

Andy,

I agree with your advice to Jim, you are very well placed to advise after your own 'scare'!

If you have a few moments to view some nostalgic bike images, take a look at Early Risers, P. 4042, Post #101035. Neil(NHN) who as you almost certainly know, is lucky enough to live on the Isle of Man, has posted some superb pics from the bike park for the Classic TT!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 2

Evening Jeff,

I'm afraid it's a case of 'what Supermoon' here tonight, thick cloud and rain well settled in! Still, there's always hope that the Sept 28th one will be even more 'super' as it should be some three thousand miles closer to the Earth at perigee.

Off now to look in at the lounge and the 'wood supplier's delight, KL2!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Premium

Evening Jeff,

I'm afraid it's a case of 'what Supermoon' here tonight, thick cloud and rain well settled in! Still, there's always hope that the Sept 28th one will be even more 'super' as it should be some three thousand miles closer to the Earth at perigee.

Off now to look in at the lounge and the 'wood supplier's delight, KL2!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Don't worry, Jock. You didn't miss much - the Full Moon at perigee didn't look too much bigger than the norm. And, as you say, let's hope the weather is kind next time round and we get to see a good Lunar Eclipse.

Jeff

Hi All,

Will you permit me a little self indulgence, please?

Today marks one full year since I stopped smoking!

In another few days, it will be my wife's anniversary of quitting too and I recently calculated that between us, we have not spent something like five thousand pounds! Good grief!

That's a decent secondhand car or maybe a couple of decent foreign holidays or many, many locos! (even European ones with all the bells & whistles).

It's been tough at times, especially with the stress caused by mum in law very nearly dying (she's doing really well now btw) and I've certainly had a fair bit more whiskey than previously - that was the only thing to calm me down if I was over stressed!

Many thanks indeed to all who supported me this time last year, I've not forgotten you!

I only wish I could tell you how much my life has improved but due to various things, the only real positive is my own sense of smell and that I don't stink of cigarettes anymore. The bank a/c is certainly much healthier of course.

Cheers,

John E.

• Like 3