Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Drummond Ten Wheelers

844fan

Hey all doing a bit of research on a group of less than perfect classes. I know they weren't the best engines but I have a bit of a liking for them. I speak of none other than Dugald's 4-6-0s. 

The T14s (prior to rebuild) and their cousins the  F13 class. These locomotives while not the best certainly didn't win the award for most useless loco. Like I've said I'm a sucker for oddball and lesser know locomotives. Unfortunately I can't find much on these locos as far as photos go. I've only found four total and thats for both classes combined.

Anyone know more about them? I'm thinking that they could be decent Mixed Traffic types if used properly.

Thank you for that. I'll most definitely look for that book. May have to have a friend purchase  it then send it to me since I'm in the US :O . My collection of UK railway books grows again :yahoo: !

Ah I will look at it but thats a rebuilt T14. I like them in their classic style with the large splashers. But like I said all info I can find on them is awesome.

Thank you for that. I'll most definitely look for that book. May have to have a friend purchase  it then send it to me since I'm in the US.

There are copies on Abebooks and Biblio from booksellers in the US. They're more expensive that that one on Amazon UK, though. You would have to work out which is cheaper overall, once you include two postages for one from the UK.

There are copies on Abebooks and Biblio from booksellers in the US. They're more expensive that that one on Amazon UK, though. You would have to work out which is cheaper overall, once you include two postages for one from the UK.

I will most likely go with Amazon.Uk and have my friend ship it out to me after I reimburse him for purchasing it for me and paying the shipping over. But I'll look into both options. 

Archived