Talyllyn Junction. The Station area has been started!

Jintyman

Talyllyn has had a couple of new additions this last week.

Please say hello to 8791 and 4679.

Firstly 8791 which is a non top feed loco, built at Swindon and to traffic in Feb 1934, withdrawn and scrapped in 1963, she was shedded at 87A Neath

post-14906-0-78745500-1508682192_thumb.jpg

Secondly 4679 which is another top feed loco, Swindon built, to traffic in May 1944, withdrawn and scrapped in 1965, she was a 88D Merthyr locomotive.

post-14906-0-84229200-1508682202_thumb.jpg

These last two will have to have all their details added and obviously DCC sound. I've managed to view a picture of 4679 sat in Talyllyn station on a Merthyr train. this was the only one I could find as I wanted to be sure that the vac pipe run along the LH valance had the prominent flange halfway down, but after looking at the picture it hasn't, although most of the locos numbered around it had the flange as pictured below.

Just goes to show that pictures help in getting things somewhat right.

post-14906-0-94138800-1508682920.jpg

And a picture of the first three Panniers to serve my model of Talyllyn, all together.

post-14906-0-38873000-1508682212_thumb.jpg

I still have my JLTRT 8750 to finish, plus there will be a need for a couple more along the way I'm sure.

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

I've never noticed that vac pipe flange before. Thanks.

Now you do surprise me!!!!

If you have a gander in the Pannier Papers books you will see that almost all of the later 46xx series had this flange, except a few, 4679 being one of them.

Jinty ;)

Your trio of Panniers look great and they are affordable too. Thick clunky wheels and oversize splashers, I could never really take to the 00 gauge Bachmann 57XX after owning a SanCheng 0 gauge model. Anyway I dont have to anymore seeing as a Dean Goods has just bumped it off shed!

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

Wow pannier central mate lol ,I love all the differences between them all little details

Progress on the women’s waiting room and toilet area and station masters office

Got some fireplaces to install next

attachicon.gif984D0463-02A4-4974-9591-A981962A106F.jpeg

attachicon.gif1B833833-DDB3-416F-9811-D011BB58610A.jpeg

attachicon.gifC1EA5F7C-E5C4-4242-B66D-240BD5666802.jpeg

attachicon.gif427AEF68-00F9-425F-868C-320E6E3C3C36.jpeg

attachicon.gifB37FCFAD-45C3-49FE-9196-6915D4AC0562.jpeg

Regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

Lovely work and attention to detail as usual.

Once I get my finger out and get the platforms in place, it will have somewhere to sit when it's done.

Thanks mate.

I don't have that particular Pannier Papers, so black mark to me (or uncontrollable sobbing...)

I'm awaiting for No7 to be reprinted in 2018 as it says on the Irwell Press website.

I believe there was a 64xx shedded at Merthyr or Neath in the early 60's and I do like the look of the MOK kit!

Your trio of Panniers look great and they are affordable too. Thick clunky wheels and oversize splashers, I could never really take to the 00 gauge Bachmann 57XX after owning a SanCheng 0 gauge model. Anyway I dont have to anymore seeing as a Dean Goods has just bumped it off shed!

Good afternoon Coachman, yes I've been looking at your Dean Goods on your Carrog thread, I also fitted one with a Zimo sound decoder for my friend, ended up hardwiring it in as the 8-pin interface was faulty.

Also, did you know that Talyllyn Junction was one of the last stomping grounds for the Dean Goods, right up to 1958!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

'Good afternoon Coachman, yes I've been looking at your Dean Goods on your Carrog thread, I also fitted one with a Zimo sound decoder for my friend, ended up hardwiring it in as the 8-pin interface was faulty.

Also, did you know that Talyllyn Junction was one of the last stomping grounds for the Dean Goods, right up to 1958!!!

Jinty ;)

I knew they were regulars on that minor line just down the road awhile, but it wasn't a proper GWR line so I've had the final pair drafted to Croes Newydd.   :P

Edited by coachmann

Had a day in the garage today, well up till now, then it's out this evening for some food with the Mrs.

Had a bit of a play with the Pannier and put together a video of some shunting.

Hope you like it, please excuse the juddering as I was doing both driving and videoing!!!!

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 9

Nice video again ,looks nice and smooth through the 3way and slip great work

Brian

Thanks Brian,

Yes it is smooth through the whole complex and an 0-6-0 would certainly show up wheels dropping etc. That is one of the beauties of 31.5mm (O-MF)!!!

I'll have to do one with a passenger crossing train once one of the other Panniers has been fitted with sound.

Jinty ;)

Edited to add that the Conflat is as built with absolutely no weight added to it at all, and it rides so smoothly through all of the pointwork.

Edited by Jintyman

Had a day in the garage today, well up till now, then it's out this evening for some food with the Mrs.

Hope you like it, please excuse the juddering as I was doing both driving and videoing!!!!

Jinty ;)

Preferred the Music mate, haha excellent, do you take OO in P/X? hahha :no:

NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :sungum:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared: 

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jinty,

Jinty ;)

Lovely video again - I have a new title for your videos .. 'Jinty and the Magic Tunnel' :). Every time we see a new video something different is coming out of that tunnel!!! :). Nice, hoping my point work will be as good, got some scissor crossings, double and single slips to build so may be onto you for some advice!!  The pannier looks nice, and that whistle is just spot on for emerging into the daylight!!

Preferred the Music mate, haha excellent, do you take OO in P/X? hahha :no:

NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :sungum:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared: 

Hey up ... where's that crumbly cookie of Craig's?  I think Andy is on the verge ..... hehe  :onthequiet:

Rich

• Like 1

Hi Jinty,

Lovely video again - I have a new title for your videos .. 'Jinty and the Magic Tunnel' :). Every time we see a new video something different is coming out of that tunnel!!! :).

Rich

I was thinking more along the lines of "Mr Benn".....or "Mr Jinty".....ok it`s a changing room,not a tunnel but hay hoe!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itd3qzeaIsw&list=PLh-Mj_oSkpi78njyijHli8BvcuQfCArtB

Brian.

• Like 1

Jinty ;)

Excellent video, those sounds are outstanding and the addition of the descriptions really helps understand what's going on. 10/10