The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Why's Sheldon Cooper wearing a GWR train t-shirt in Big Bang Theory?

Penrhos1920

Prepare to be ear-wormed!

At one of the shows I exhibited at in the last year, the first member of the public I saw came in wearing a brightly-coloured t-shirt featuring the "I Like Trains" kid. I thought it very appropriate for a model railway show and we shared a grin.

There is first he buys a HO set that he sets up on his lounge table proclaimes himself as a HO trainiac shouts woo woo and drives it round his table. He also appears and goes look Leonard half the size of HO and twice as fun Refering to n gauge then proclaims look Leonard it fits in my mouth ( to which point I'm in the floor killing myself)

Dr. Sheldon Cooper is a train fanatic, makes occasional reference to the fact, and does have an O-gauge layout though we know not where.

There is a collection of larger scale rolling stock in Sheldon's bedroom on top of the bookshelf prominently featuring a ATSF war bonnet liveried F series.

Look behind Penny's head here.

Do people really watch that show ?. :laugh:

Currently in the US:

Number 1: (Broadcast TV ratings - Adults 18-49 - for the week ending May 10, 2015)

Number 3: (Nielsen)

Number 11 (TV Guide)

So, yes.

It's currently at eight seasons with the top billed cast being paid $1M per episode.

"Why's Sheldon Cooper wearing a GWR train t-shirt in Big Bang Theory?"

Maybe because he's supposed to be a sad ba****d, ............but a nice sort of sad ba****d.

One that we can both ridicule and love at the same time.

Where as in real life, he'd be a sad ba****d that we'd ridicule, despise and either pity or hate.

Seriously though, my daughter tried to make me sit through a couple of episodes of this sitcom.

I couldn't stand it at all. Awful.

Give me Modern Family any day over this.

YMMV.

Archived