"Entity too Large" error has returned again.

Some while back we had this problem, which I believe was related to something in one of the ads on the site and was being looked at. It was apparently cleared up (for me anyway), but has now happened again.

For reference, I'm running XP Pro, with all updates, and IE (which I believe is 8, the latest compatible?).

Basically, on opening RMWeb, I got to VNC. Then 1 page at a time, I scroll down and open topics I'm interested in (by the Dot on the left for latest post); each topic I open is in a new tab so that I preserve the original page. After reading the topic, I close that tab, when all tabs are closed I then got to VNC page 2 and so on. Towards the end of the session I'm finding the error message appear. I then close RMWeb completely, go to Internet Options and delete past history; this clears the problem. (When shutting the PC down, I also do this every time).

Stewart

I had this error about a week ago, and it continued for three or four days. I couldn't access RMW at all. Just kept getting the same error.

Checking the error message on Google told me it was caused where a server believed I was trying to upload data (or an image) the size of which exceeded or was close to the limit of that server's capacity.

I didn't clear my cache / history or reset any cookies (etc) ... just left everything alone.

After three or four days I was able to access RMWeb again.

I hope the above is of use to some more knowledgeable person who may be investigating.

• 1 month later...

I've been getting this recently in Firefox on Windows 7. I haven't uploaded anything big, just posted a few text only comments, and this morning I uploaded one 800x600 photo, and been doing browsing the forum on and off quite a bit. Surely clearing cookies will mean losing all the VNC data?

I've been closing Firefox and running CCleaner, that clears my browser cache, but not cookies, and when I restart Firefox it's fine again.

Having trouble logging in using Chrome, just constantly brings up the 'you don't have permission....' Message every time I try.

Tried clearing the cookies etc but no difference. Safari seems to work fine.

• 1 month later...

Having the problem again, on my Chromebook.  Tried the suggested, which didn't work, so I'll try leaving it a few days and see what happens!

Tried the 'delete cookies' and finally this worked.  A bit of a PITA though as I now have to re-enter passwords for all and sundry.  Still better than losing my RMWeb fix!

Having trouble logging in using Chrome, just constantly brings up the 'you don't have permission....' Message every time I try.

Tried clearing the cookies etc but no difference. Safari seems to work fine.

I have the same problem with Chrome. Tried the usual tricks but to no avail.

I'm finding that I have to clear my "RMweb" cookies nearly every day now, getting bored with that!

I don't like to clear ALL cookies as this affects my wife (don't ask!).

We're using Windows Vista with latest version of Firefox, even Firefox has been S  L   ooo  W since last damn MS update.

Cheers,

John E.

I've switched browsers again to post this.

I'm unable to access RMWeb through my preferred browser (Firefox) - I just dumped the 'OAVARS' cookies that have accumulated in the last day or so (there were a couple of dozen of them at least - and I've had to do it every few days for a little while now) and can't still login. I note another dozen  'OAVARS' cookies have loaded literally as I write this.

Someone recently suggested I should simply 'switch browsers' to access RMWeb.

That really isn't the answer is it - I mean browsers should work around humans, humans should't have to adjust their lives to suit a badly designed internet. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi. I'm using Firefox, and if I need to Palemoon. Between about 20.40 and about 21.20 tonight, I was unable to access this site with either of those two browsers - I cleared the cookies from both repeatedly, but to no avail. Then, suddenly, access was regained. I don't really know what happened there, but I see from looking around the site that other members have had some access, between those times, at least. Very baffled.

With regards,

Market65.

P.S. I did not try I.E. for that is one browser which I never use anymore.

Glad ive found this thread also as well, ive had the same problem, my OS is Windows 7, and ive tried accessing the  site using Google Chrome, and I just get the "request entity too large" message, even on the old RMweb, hopefully clearing the Cache and Cookies will fix this problem then

NL

As the offending cookies seem to be related to the banner ads, a way of blocking the adverts would be good, and a great incentive to fix the problem before the advertisers discover that no one is seeing them!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I use Firefox (preferred) and Safari and I'm getting the error message again with Firefox. Clearing cookies and history has no effect.  Safari continues to be ok. If it is a banner add that is causing the problem as has been suggested why hasn't it been removed?

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It has returned again for me too using Firefox. Safari continues to be unaffected.

It can go on for days, having to clear caches and cookies etc and then suddenly goes away for a while, only to re-occur. This is the only website I use where this happens and as far as I can make out it is related to banner ads.

I ask again can't this be sorted?

To quote Southernboy "It does get a little monotonous after a while"

Archived