Tam Valley Depot

csvt2004

Available from Bromsgrove Models.

I have wired my "frog juicer" up on my layout, and have to say that it is a very neat piece of kit. If you have a set of points that are hand operated, then instead of having to fit some sort of electro-mechanical switching to power the "frog", you simply attach one of the 6 outputs to the frog and thats it! No more adjusting of microswitches or fitting items under the baseboard. Six outputs are available. If like me, you have ever hurt your back, and/or messing around under baseboards is not a pleasant task for you, then one of these boards may just be the answer. I haved tried several sound-fitted locomotives over the frogs and there is no disruption either of motion or sound.

Richard Binns

HI..

On the club layout we have the main station area which has a 10 trak ladder yrad, before the hot frog locos would stall all the time on the points. It was even worse when you had a 2 or 3 sound locos. Once the hot frog was fitted no more stalling, no more sound drop out..

Best thing since DCC.

Stuart in OZ

• RMweb Gold

They are listed on Bromsgrove Models home page. Just scroll down a bit and it is on the right-hand side of the page.

I'm sure you're right, but I can't see them. Furthermore putting Hex Frog Juicer or HFJ into their site search engine comes up with a nil return.

A stated on our home page, we can't currently retail these via the internet because of legal restrictions, hence they aren't listed in our web store. They are available from us via telephone and mail order, though (or fax if you prefer!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These have been selling really well and we've just had our third delivery since we originally started selling them in February - unfortunately postage on these has had to increase a little following the increase in postal charges by Royal Mail in April. So currently £50 for the Hex Frog Juicer and £3.50 per item - this covers Recorded Delivery for 1 and Special Delivery for 2 or more. Orders of £150 or more are carriage free.

Archived