LMS Twins 10000 & 10001

bagnall

• RMweb Gold

Interesting considering the brass limited edition a couple of years ago. Does anyone knwo how that went? I heard that it didnt sell very well, but that could be due to the (perceived) high cost.

Would be interested in Bulleid triplets, instead of Ivatt twins myself.

Interesting considering the brass limited edition a couple of years ago. Does anyone knwo how that went? I heard that it didnt sell very well, but that could be due to the (perceived) high cost.

Would be interested in Bulleid triplets, instead of Ivatt twins myself.

The brass one was by FIA trains and cost c£500. I have one. I think they all sold in the end. Mine would not run properly and went back for modifications to the drive, which cured the problem.

I shall almost certainly order the Bachmann one, possibly both locos, but will wait for the green ones.

I'd like 10201/2/3 too - maybe they will follow. There's not much left to do now.

Guest 30-something

The brass one was by FIA trains and cost c£500. I have one. I think they all sold in the end. Mine would not run properly and went back for modifications to the drive, which cured the problem.

I shall almost certainly order the Bachmann one, possibly both locos.

I'd like 10201/2/3 too - maybe they will follow. There's not much left to do now.

Hi Folks

Great news this, hopefully a manufacturer or a retailer (Harburn Hobbies maybe?) could commission the NBL 21 and 29. 2 distinct cab ends and 4 or 5 liveries.

Would make me happy for sure!!!

Cheers

Joe

This has to be a wind up! The Twins are pretty much the top of my (very short) diesel wishlist! Will have to attempt to acquire a pair in BR Black. If they are even close to Deltic...

I may even have to sell stock for this, and I don't say something like that lightly!

Guest Phil

We feel that there are limits as to how many more limited edition class 47s or 37s the market can sustain

Snortlaugh.gif

Where is the quote from Pennine ?

I looked through this thread and the Rails webpage and couldn't find it.

I think a GSYP one will be rather nice.

But going back to wherever you got the quote from - I'm sure there are still a good many Scottish "Scottie" Ltd editions yet to be milked, and I would expect some well weathered CF or TE blue type 3s to be ubermarketable too.

Where is the quote from Pennine ?

I looked through this thread and the Rails webpage and couldn't find it.

First column, headed FIRST RELEASES, middle of third paragraph. It's definitely there, it's not another Metrovick momentwink.gif

Guest Max Stafford

Good Lord, now they've really got my attention! These two in black were regularly seen through Inchkennet in 1956...!

;)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

A black pair for me, as per their BR(S) period. Now, who dares do one or both up in a ficticious BR Blue...;)

Now I only hope that I have work to help pay for all these releases, as my wallet is getting seriously skinny... :unsure:

• RMweb Gold

First column, headed FIRST RELEASES, middle of third paragraph. It's definitely there, it's not another Metrovick momentwink.gif

It sure is. I'm sorry mate, I tried to link the Metrovick one properly, I promise you I did, but the CoBo site wouldnt let me.

BR Black for me I reckon, think it may look nice with the new Blood & Custard Staniers, and since I have an FIA 10000 I'll be getting 10001.

Mad as it is, with these early announcements I know what loco's I'm planning to buy almost 2 years in advance. This along with Murphy's 071's (promised around end 2011, can see that going into 2012) and their 121's (2012) and with Lion and the Metrovicks in 2011 will keep me poor. Still, while some moan about long lead times for the manufacturers getting the piggies to market, I like it. It gives me time to save up for them!

I also have one of the FIA Trains ones (and shant be parting with it, they're beauties) but I may well pick up one of these. It also represents one more step towards a RTR Fell :lol:

I really think a Fell would be a very long shot, but it's nice to see a bit of variety at last........

will thay then do the Class 77's as thay have the same bogie as the twins or will Bachmann do it on there own

Olivia's Trains' website is describing their forthcoming announcement as a "Class 76/77 project" -- could we end up with competing 77s?!

Paul

Archived