Wadebridge Model Railway Exhibition 2010

Piskey

• RMweb Premium

One of our layouts travelling down to Cornwall and there's bad weather en-route? Surely not ;-)) Didn't we have heavy rain and gales last year? But at least the clocks haven't gone back yet.

DitD is now en-route to Cornwall - see you about 6ish.

One of our layouts travelling down to Cornwall and there's bad weather en-route? Surely not ;-)) Didn't we have heavy rain and gales last year? But at least the clocks haven't gone back yet.

Not that you'll see this for a while seeing as you're en route, and travelling down through the bad weather as it heads east across the country.......

Don't remind me about last year! It was the third in a row with bad weather, and by far the worst. The wind was so strong on the Friday I couldn't open the driver's door of our car when I set off for Wadebridge, had to get in the passenger side and slide across, the door to the school wouldn't stay open and the Tamar bridge was closed to most traffic causing some people to be very late arriving. Just a normal November day really! Not :P

It's pouring at the moment (10:30) but the wind has dropped and the rain is supposed to stop about midday. Sunshine promised for this afternoon and tomorrow!

I have to agree Diesels in the Duchy is fantastic. I spent a lot of my time there talking to Damian his advice was invaluable.

A few piccies

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Then 47799 Prince Henry made a guest visit to Diesels in the Duchy

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

I will be so pleased if I can get my locos up to Damians standard

Thanks again guys

Quote Stubby47 - The show is indoors, isn't it ???

Piskey Reply - Unless the gale forecast for tonight blows the roof off, yes! :lol:

If you had anything like the rain and wind we had down here in west Cornwall last night, it wouldn't matter where you are...... It came down in waterfalls.

So visiting Wadebridge today is scuppered, got to dig out the silt and slurry and pump away some water that's trapped behind the house too..... :angry:

If you had anything like the rain and wind we had down here in west Cornwall last night, it wouldn't matter where you are...... It came down in waterfalls.

So visiting Wadebridge today is scuppered, got to dig out the silt and slurry and pump away some water that's trapped behind the house too..... :angry:

Oh no, not good....:angry: Hope you managed it OK. At least the weather improved for you during the day........

So, it's all over for another year! *Very* glad to read the appreciative comments. Footfall was down a bit on both days, possibly partly down to the change in date. Duchy and Osney were certainly brilliant examples of the standards others strive to achieve, but rarely manage. Maybe Chris will finish the buildings for the next exhibition??? :rolleyes:

I was also very impressed with Abbey Road (first saw this at Carn Brea four years ago) and was very grateful to Roy Payne who brought his Venton Bridge along at *very* short notice after the St Austell layout cancelled. Mrs P wasn't too impressed when a family meeting was suddenly proposed for today and Roy had to say, "Sorry dear, I can't go"! On Friday night everything was perfect, then on Saturday morning he was cursed with the dreaded Exhibition Untraceable Electrical Fault, but things eventually sorted themselves out and it worked well today.

I have to go away for a couple of days but will post some phots and vids later this week, including some "driver's eye" views taken with my latest toy, a key chain spy camera. Once I've had a chance to look at the raw footage, that is.

Oh, if anyone had children with them, and ones that entered the children's quiz, there were four all-correct so a draw was held and the winner was 6 year old Merlin from Trelights. Being (almost) on our route home, the prize was delivered before bedtime!

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all involved in organising the show from The Diesels in the Duchy crowd. Really enjoyed our 3rd visit to this show and the hospitality / banter from Peter and co. I know Damian was overwhelmed by all the really positive comments from those viewing his layout and especially all the RMwebbers and our 'regulars' that dropped in to say hello. It's great when folk who knew and worked at St Blazey in the period modelled give our efforts the thumbs up.

PS, some excellent photos chaps!

PPS - Osney Town was great - proved The 7mm can be done in a very small place. Fantastic eye for detail.

• RMweb Gold

Buidings - check.Cassettes - check.Two fellow operators to wind me up - check.Can't see what the issue could have been!

Possibly a photographer making him stand on a box to lean over the layout waving a 47...?

• RMweb Premium

Possibly a photographer making him stand on a box to lean over the layout waving a 47...?

Possibly! Peter just sent me the local rag clipping.

It's either that or the moment they spent looking for a rogue derailing wagon.

Possibly! Peter just sent me the local rag clipping.

Western Morning News, 5th October, page 19.

Unlike last year when Mr Spams featured on page three!!!!

Waving a 47....? Wots that? Some sort of GWR 2-8-0 or sumfink?

Sorry for the delay - it's been very hectic here since the show (two trips away, the latter this weekend to the Farnham show with Penhallick) but there are now some phots and vids of the show posted to www.wadebridge34007.co.uk/mrx10.html which include 'driver's eye' footage taken using my latest toy, a key fob spy camera that cost a whole USD 1.95 (plus USD 6.30 for postage!).

Peter

Archived