New Model Shop Okehampton

Pete2210

After the closure of the model shop at Okehampton Station the "Emporium" in Market street purchased the stock and the lady that runs it has decided to continue selling model railway equipment by Hornby, Bachmann and Graham Farish.

There is pay and display parking nearby and the address and telephone number is 3 Rosemerry House, Market Street, Okehampton, Devon,  EX20 1HN, Tel. 01837 657637

I have no connection with the shop other than as a satisfied customer and the wish to see the shop succeed

Pete Williams, Uxbridge.

If Okey had been a 'proper station' and not way out of town it may well have survived? Any how thanks for the info.

Phil (ex 72A)

Maybe a new paint jobby, I suggest all over GWR colours then it'd be a proper station with a nice 28xx simmering in the siding ready to haul some stone from the quarry up the line !

Anyway, I do wish them luck also.

• RMweb Gold

Maybe a new paint jobby, I suggest all over GWR colours then it'd be a proper station with a nice 28xx simmering in the siding ready to haul some stone from the quarry up the line !

Anyway, I do wish them luck also.

Noooooo :nono:

Keep it green (and cream) :sungum:

Noooooo :nono:

Keep it green (and cream) :sungum:

We might have to discuss this over a pastie in Barnstaple tomorrow!

Be good to meet up if you're going to the exhibition

• RMweb Premium

I do wish the in-town business every success.  

The shop on the station was reasonably well stocked for a small general model shop but not cheap surely as a consequence of low sales volume set against overheads.  I made a couple of modest purchases there but nothing that would sustain it as a business and found that while a fair number of visitors to the station dropped in most dropped out again very quickly with nothing more than a cursory browse.

In turn I also hope that the vacant space at the station is found a good use and doesn't become another sad empty space.  The volunteers running that show have had a hard enough time of it over recent years.  Despite the passion often displayed in this and other forums for the line and the network it once served very few seem to travel on the services offered.

Yes, will be there after we have breakfast in Wethers.

Will you be wearing a pink carnation in your buttonhole or a bacon butty?

Archived