Portsmouth Model Railway Exhibition - Saturday 21st November 2015

kipford

• RMweb Gold

05/11/2015 - New traders Modelu, Rumney Models and Booklaw Publications added.

It will soon be time for the SHMRC's annual show. Same venue as always with its great catering, we believe the line up for this years show to be our best ever, with as usual a finescale emphasis, but not forgetting the kids with Thomas. With layouts spanning all gauges and all eras there is something for everybody to enjoy.

post-1359-0-27656100-1446744829_thumb.jpg

The Admiral Lord Nelson School, Dundas Lane (near Ocean Park). Portsmouth PO3 5XT

Time: 10.30am to 4.30pm.

Price: Adults £5, Accompanied Children free.

Free car parking, easy access from the A27/A3M/M27.

Refreshments and Good disabled access.

In addition to the superb line up of layouts there is an excellent selection of Trade, plus Demonstrators, Society stands and our infamous Bring and Buy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The line up at the SHMRC Portsmouth Exhibition on 21st November, includes two of this years' "Best in Show" layouts:

1. Westcliff - awarded Best Layout at this year’s 60th anniversary ExpoEM in Bracknell, May 2015

2. Plumpton Green - won the York Trophy for best layout at Scaleforum 2015

"Top Link" layouts.

Full details at: http://www.shmrc.org.uk/exhibition/layouts/

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Dave

If you are coming by bus …..

First Bus route 1C operates at 15 minute intervals along Copnor Road throughout most of the day. Alight at Burrfields Road / Stubbington Lane (Star & Garter). (Approx. 10 min. walk to the school). Portsmouth City Centre (30 minute journey time) and Cosham station (12 minutes journey time) are served by this route. It is probably best to check this information before making your journey as bus timetables are liable to change.

If you are coming by rail….

Hilsea station is about a 15 minute walk

I should like to proffer thanks to the organisers for another top class show and fine selection of layouts and traders.  It was well worth the 250 mile round trip in what were initially adverse weather conditions.  The opportunity to consume a full English on arrival was particularly welcome.  Later I was a little bemused by the closing of one catering outlet and the opening of another just down the corridor but such things serve to sharpen alertness!

Chris

• RMweb Gold

On behalf of the SHMRC thanks to everyone who attended, exhibitors,traders and the public who made it such a success. Also thanks for all the very positive comments from members of the forum. We were about 10% up on last years attendance which is encouraging. Next years exhibition is well under way with the continued aim of providing a good selection of high quality layouts and traders.

PS Appologies to anyone expecting C&L, they were in Portsmouth but holed in the hotel with lurgy. We trust all is well now.

• RMweb Gold

With the increased footfall will there be a change in venue?

Regards

I do hope not. We have exhibited/demonstrated there for the past three years. I think it is one of the better venues, clean, bright, good lighting, excellent catering and with reasonable access by public transport. The odds of finding something better at an affordable price I suspect are slim.

As for this years show, I thought it was the best yet. As Tim V said, a consistently high standard. Hemyock is simply beautiful and there was lots of pre group which particularly floats my boat.

Jerry

Archived