Temporary Closure of ABS Models

Loconuts

At a guess here

http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11367

No idea how he has saved anyone money at the moment, if you want the item when its actually for sale then do so . The photos are a e.p sample not the final version. Adrian if you read his posts, just keeps repeating the same argument/point of view, the same type of posts keep appearing on any new item , on here till banned, now on other forums .

Why he doesn't simply just contacts the maker in this case Oxford with his concerns is the problem with all of his posts. IF they listen great , nothing on any forum is going to make the slightest difference if they don't want to listen. He also mentions they ignore him !!

While I am here I wish him better health for the future. As to ABS temporally closing , I thought they already had when the website closed down !! 

At a guess here

http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11367

No idea how he has saved anyone money at the moment, if you want the item when its actually for sale then do so . The photos are a e.p sample not the final version. Adrian if you read his posts, just keeps repeating the same argument/point of view, the same type of posts keep appearing on any new item , on here till banned, now on other forums .

Why he doesn't simply just contacts the maker in this case Oxford with his concerns is the problem with all of his posts. IF they listen great , nothing on any forum is going to make the slightest difference if they don't want to listen. He also mentions they ignore him !!

While I am here I wish him better health for the future. As to ABS temporally closing , I thought they already had when the website closed down !! 

Website? what website, I don't think there has been a website for many a long year. 

• RMweb Premium

Adrian is a very knowledgeable man, and through his ranges supplies many kits and parts that are invaluable to modellers and for that I think he should be applauded, especially in these more 'RTR' times. However, he is a bit blunt when it comes to phrasing how he feels about things that are wrong, so those hearing his words do need to be suitably armoured. Despite that bluntness, he is often right when it comes to a detail error on an RTR item and, perhaps like all of us who have favourite locos, coaches, wagons, etc, gets particularly irked when it's of a prototype of specific interest to him, and that error could have been avoided relatively easily if only the researchers and designers slowed down a bit and checked and double-checked their work.

Get well soon, Adrian.

He also mentions they ignore him !!

Having seen several communications to varying manufacturers/commissioners I am not surprised in the least; very much along the lines of "You're stupid, I'm clever. I know what's wrong with your product but I'm not telling you" but in rarely less than 500 words.

I hope he has a good recovery but it would be to the benefit of many if he chose to adopt more appropriate approaches.

Who gets offended when anyone points out flaws in RTR models?

I do .

I can make my own mind up  thank you .My general guide is if I want one ,it looks like an item and I can recognize it without looking on the box then its OK by me .The finer points often dont bother me too much ,lifes too short .All hail to those who demand ,commission ,or make perfect models .Thats their choice and if I could afford it probably mine too but unlikely  for 100 quid Chinese  plastic train .

Martin

People who appear to think that forums are for fawning and gushing, with little or no conversation on matters of history or accuracy.

Accuracy is a thing rivet counters worry about , and well, everybody knows that a hobby should be fun and they cannot possibly have fun being concerned about things being right.

Can they?

Craig W

There was something selling ABS and other ranges (Victorian era)  at a guess 5 or more years ago. Never knew he attended shows before !!

Keykits sold ABS, Wrightlines and IKB models until Kay Butler retired.

I purchased quite a bit at the time, but typically not enough!

Craig W

It wasn't so much that ABS pointed out flaws; it's the way he did it over and over - and over, again & again. That's what truly winds people up. Then there was the denigrating of those who might be happy to accept whatever model it was, despite his "Public Service" - insulting those who are happy to accept something less than perfect, because they aren't so fussy or pernickety (an@l is the word I really want to use) - that tends to offend people. Then there's his particular gripe with Dapol that in his view, their O Scale wagons were depriving people like him of about £75,000 worth of business.

When he was on Western Thunder Forum, be came in with all that - no introduction of himself, or background to his knowledge; just bang-bang-bang 19 out of his first 20 posts non-stop rants at Dapol.

Archived