Dapol Steam

Midland

Hi

A newbie here.

Two questions, Have Dapol stopped doing steam locos?

And since I have two off 2Ps with  the number 563, what is the best way to change one of the numbers for DCC purposes (and of course it is a bit peculiar to have two locos with the same number!!)

Cheers David

But there has been a fairly lengthy interval between selling their OO steam tooling to Hornby in the previous millenium, and starting on a few newly tooled OO steamers. There were two commissioned products,  Beattie Well Tank for Kernow, and Sentinel for MR, before the announcement of the two mentioned above on their own account.

I Hope not, I just got an email from Dapol this morning with an expression of interest form for their collectors club 00 gauge edition of the LSWR B4.

:-)

Can you please give any more info on that? Depending on what exactly it is, I could be tempted to join.

No they have not stopped doing steam, forth coming OO Gauge models are LNER A4 Pacific and LSWR B4 0-4-0T...

The order of announcement was B4, and then the A4.

So clearly the theme is letter-4, and they are going backwards through the alphabet. ;-)

There really was a Z4 class, a Manning Wardle 0-4-2T dock shunter in small numbers obtained for service at Aberdeen by the GNoSR and not scrapped until 1960. Since this is a perfect fit for Dapol's small mechanism expertise...

Hi

A newbie here.

Two questions, Have Dapol stopped doing steam locos?

And since I have two off 2Ps with  the number 563, what is the best way to change one of the numbers for DCC purposes (and of course it is a bit peculiar to have two locos with the same number!!)

Cheers David

FWIW, Hornby are doing the 2P (former Dapol tool brought by them around 2000) with DCC sound already fitted (their TTS) for less than £100.

It has also been upgraded to a loco drive now, much better than the tender one.

Aside the B4 and A4 coming, they also did recently the Sentinel Tank locomotive for model rail magazine. (and the first batch of the Beauty well tank for Kernow).

FWIW, Hornby are doing the 2P (former Dapol tool brought by them around 2000) with DCC sound already fitted (their TTS) for less than £100.

It has also been upgraded to a loco drive now, much better than the tender one.

Hornbys price for the 2P with TTS is £154.99; box shifters obviously may be selling it somewhat cheaper.

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/br-4-4-0-fowler-2p-class-40626-early-br-with-tts-sound.html

They acquired the tooling in 1996, but did not release it in their own range until 1999.

• RMweb Gold

Can you please give any more info on that? Depending on what exactly it is, I could be tempted to join.

00 Gauge 2016 Special Edition Locomotive 

In keeping with our popular run of Members only Limited Edition Locomotives we are pleased to announce that next 00 Gauge special will be the – 

L & SWR B4 0-4-0T CAEN BROWN 90 

We will be offering this in both DC and DCC fitted options. 

Please state which model required: 

4S-018-002 L & SWR B4 0-4-0T CAEN BROWN 90 for £90.00 

4S-018-002D L & SWR B4 0-4-0T CAEN BROWN 90 DCC Fitted for £115.00 

Both prices include delivery.

Hornbys price for the 2P with TTS is £154.99; box shifters obviously may be selling it somewhat cheaper.

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/br-4-4-0-fowler-2p-class-40626-early-br-with-tts-sound.html

They acquired the tooling in 1996, but did not release it in their own range until 1999.

I stand corrected. Agree the TTS ones are in cheap disposal mode at limited suppliers.

• RMweb Gold

Thank for that. However, I currently have Caen on order at Hattons. Is there a difference between the two or have the models changed since the announcement back in 2014?

No photos in the Dapol leaflet, and it looks like the same catalog number,

I guess that would oops...., by somebody..

Just got confirmation from Dapol. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1470620059622404&id=214563285228094&comment_id=1471704212847322&notif_t=feed_comment&notif_id=1480690312521677

We are in sorting this out, there appears to have been an clerical error in the description of the club livery B4. The club loco livery will always be unique to club members. More information will be issued early next week.

Another email from Neil today confirming the Club Special B4 will be in LSWR passenger green.

This is in line with the announcement at the Open Day and with other earlier statements about it made to club members.  It is not the brown CAEN.

He did give a number but I'm not going to say what it is until Dapol announces the correction officially to club members (not least in case it changes...)

Les

I have one on order.......

Another email from Neil today confirming the Club Special B4 will be in LSWR passenger green.

This is in line with the announcement at the Open Day and with other earlier statements about it made to club members.  It is not the brown CAEN.

He did give a number but I'm not going to say what it is until Dapol announces the correction officially to club members (not least in case it changes...)

Les

I have one on order.......

It's 87!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that - but then it is black and BR and horrible, I love the crimson lake era!!!  But thanks for the info. Must get the paint brush out!!

Archived