Cramdin Yard

eldavo

• RMweb Gold

Great to see it again Dave, really pleased another 60 has been added to the roster!

Not so pleased that I've been kicked off the operating team for Folkestone just because I'll be 12000 miles away.....you could've claimed the airfare on expenses surely........

Great to see it again Dave, really pleased another 60 has been added to the roster!

Not so pleased that I've been kicked off the operating team for Folkestone just because I'll be 12000 miles away.....you could've claimed the airfare on expenses surely........

Will have a word, with Bob, our Sec.,............................. may have a whipround,with the hat, :triniti:                      as Wednesday is club night........... :drag:

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Nice to see other folks pictures, often from angles I wouldn't choose. The trainset (mostly) behaved itself yesterday and we had punters viewing all day. Quite a nice size show with good layouts. Typing this while drinking the first cuppa of the day while the hired help, Bibby Line, causes mayhem for the Sunday morning visitors.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Thought causing mayhem was the whole point of the exercise....

Wishing I was there...well not much as I am in sunny Brisbane. Hmm, Folkestone, Brisbane, tough one....

The guilty...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not the average view at a railway exhibition...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

3 hours to go. How many couplings can we break?

Cheers

Dave

Caught you all, on your early morning start, before Sunday customers', arrived........

Pity your did not take up our ,Club's Offer,..................of a free return swim,to France and back, before,the start of the Sunday session........... :O  :no:

...........................  pic's  soon,

Dawn has Broken, over the English Channel.......

The Sun start's it's ascent............ :sungum:

But , not quite over the Cramin Yardarm............... :no:

post-13585-0-59697700-1412530226_thumb.jpg

But.................................it was only,......................0915......... :O 

post-13585-0-80174600-1412530231_thumb.jpg

Thought causing mayhem was the whole point of the exercise....

Wishing I was there...well not much as I am in sunny Brisbane. Hmm, Folkestone, Brisbane, tough one....

Well, it it was a very sunny here in  Brisb   Folkestone....today,  in fact, all of the Cramin Yard Staff,  were given the morning off,to go to the beach..........

post-13585-0-84571300-1412531851_thumb.jpg

Sleepy, Sunday...................

post-13585-0-42781500-1412531831_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-81869700-1412531834_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-68140000-1412531839_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-23343400-1412531844_thumb.jpg

post-13585-0-58221300-1412531848_thumb.jpg

Except one.......he can't swim

post-13585-0-90050000-1412531855_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

Nice to see Cramdin has had another outing. How many couplings did you break in the end ??

Too many. Bloomin' tension locks, the manufacturers can't even get them all at the same height on their own models let alone between manufacturers. Apart from a broken tiebar that had to be resoldered practically every other problem over the two days was related to couplings. Time for another solution.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave, sorry if IV missed it but what's the total size of your awesome layout ????

Hi Neil,

Not sure about the awesome layout but Cramdin is now about 11 or 12 foot long. It started as a single 6' 3" board but then I added fiddleyards at both ends and scenic bits in front of the fiddleyards... You know how it happens.

post-7010-0-93588400-1504038377_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi Neil,

Not sure about the awesome layout but Cramdin is now about 11 or 12 foot long. It started as a single 6' 3" board but then I added fiddleyards at both ends and scenic bits in front of the fiddleyards... You know how it happens.Cramdin_Yard_trackplan-1.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Get rid of the fiddle yards, put 'em round the back a la Waton, run proper trains through the back roads..ummm.

Archived