Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

talking of railways and Welsh sheep reminds me of this

takes me back to my younger days!

cheers,

Keith

Lovely!

But sheep in the bottom right hand corner of Wales, where it also snows but not quite as much, have a less amenable outlook on life, and don't wait for the bad weather to come down from the mountains.  They are a nuisance, and are not potty trained.

• Like 2

It’s been a while since I watched a whole episode, but I now know it’s been too long! Mrs P not so happy but then perhaps she doesn’t understand. Was Ivor’s snowplough scanned by Oxford by any chance?

Edited by snailpace

The railcar on it's way back to Encombe Town passing through 99 acre wood!

Do my eyes decieve me?

No, that is indeed Stan Dare standing there by the fence watching the world go by

attachicon.gif1663.jpg

Really really like that photo.  Hitting the like button is not praise enough. 

Kevin, you make 16.5mm gauge track look like 18.2mm gauge. What's your secret?

Yes, A stunning shot young Kevin. :sungum:  :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

To my mind the best bit is where the grass foreground disappeared in the curve of the field making it feel like you where standing on a slope looking out across a valley.

Indeed. Beautiful stuff as ever Kevin. You've done it here with clever photo editing, but having a dip where the 3-dimensional scenery hits the backscene can give a similar effect. (If anyone saw a lovely N gauge layout called 'Wickwar' at Warley you'll know what I mean. As Eric said of Ernie, you couldn't see the join.)

John C.

Following on from the earlier theme of taking pictures across the layout this one was done earlier

attachicon.gif1664.jpg

Worked, but to much clutter that is non-layout specific mid distance but the RH side was looking promising

So putting Affinity to work with some editing work came up with this

attachicon.gif1665.jpg

To my mind the best bit is where the grass foreground disappeared in the curve of the field making it feel like you where standing on a slope looking out across a valley.

Those sheep actually look woolly :O ! 

• RMweb Premium

As a mac user I decided to go for Affinity. Its a lot cheaper than Photoshop and after a bit of a learning curve I am getting to grips with it . My layout lacks the impressive scenery of yours , but I'm working on it. 

I had a go at stacking to give depth of field, early results not brilliant but I can see where I'm going wrong. 

Anyway, keep posting, very relaxing to have a look at your work. 

• Like 1

There is a freeware with impressive capability called GIMP, which I have occasionally dabbled with.

https://www.gimp.org

Well worth a look. Martin Wynne did some very clever stuff with an oblique photo of some point-work, which he corrected to a plan view, and imported into Templot. Most impressive.

Best

Simon

• RMweb Premium

The population of Little Muddle has increased by three.

It is my pleasure to introduce to you Molly and Dolly (Molly is the tall one in case you where wandering) both keen members of the local WI chatting to the local butchers main delivery man, Alfie Alfreds.

He's a bit of a wheeler dealer so no doubt he's trying to look nonchalant and act the man in charge whilst working a deal for meat to be delivered to WI branch hall! 

attachicon.gif1666.jpg

attachicon.gif1667.jpg

attachicon.gif1668.jpg

They are Modelu figures and the bike is the one posted a few weeks ago from Roxey Mouldings

They put me in mind of Cissie and Ada.

The population of Little Muddle has increased by three.

It is my pleasure to introduce to you Molly and Dolly (Molly is the tall one in case you where wandering) both keen members of the local WI chatting to the local butchers main delivery man, Alfie Alfreds.

He's a bit of a wheeler dealer so no doubt he's trying to look nonchalant and act the man in charge whilst working a deal for meat to be delivered to WI branch hall! 

attachicon.gif1666.jpg

attachicon.gif1667.jpg

attachicon.gif1668.jpg

They are Modelu figures and the bike is the one posted a few weeks ago from Roxey Mouldings

Absolutely Exquisite model, I'm in awe!

• RMweb Gold

Quite right; anyone holding a cigarette like that is definitely a bit shifty...  Molly and Dolly's upright and rather stiff pose screams middle class and W.I, though, and a mighty battle of wits and class warfare is taking place here; brilliant characterisations that bring a superb model to vivid life!

I remember ladies like this from my childhood, a little older then of course.  Terrifying in their moral rectitude, and usually spinsters or widows from the Great War, the stern exterior usually failed to hide a kindness and generosity (at least toward us children) that was palpable.  The loss of a ball over a garden wall was an event that provoked something not much short of terror, but the ball was always returned and would sometimes come with a bag of boiled sweets to soften the request to 'don't let it happen again, or I'll be having words with your mother, young man!'.  Later, when I was more aware of the lives these women had led and the deep sorrow that pervaded them, I felt very sorry for them.

I hope Alfie Twice, as he would certainly have been known in South Wales, doesn't rip them off too badly, but they seem able to take care of themselves.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I hope Alfie Twice, as he would certainly have been known in South Wales, doesn't rip them off too badly, but they seem able to take care of themselves.

One swing of those bags and he'd never do it again, I wouldn't cross them...

Are the female figures from ModelU's Pendon Museum series? They have the mid to late 1920's, possibly early 1930's look appropriate for country middle aged women of that era. Very conservative skirt length. Excellent painting and very good grouping placement in Little Muddle. 

Are the female figures from ModelU's Pendon Museum series? They have the mid to late 1920's, possibly early 1930's look appropriate for country middle aged women of that era. Very conservative skirt length. Excellent painting and very good grouping placement in Little Muddle. 

Thanks

They are indeed from the excellent Modelu Pendon range.

• Like 1

I received my copy of the BRM magazine this very morning where I noticed my Cakbox Challenge 'Long Walk Home' had won.

Many thanks to everyone that voted for me and indeed to all those of you that also followed my thread.

Luckily the magazine arrived this morning before we left so I became aware of the result, as in a few hours the family will be heading to Manchester to fly out to Florida to visit the home of a certain M.Mouse.

Things, therefore, for next few weeks will be a little quiet on this website but who knows especially if I can get the wi-fi working in the house!!!

Many thanks again...

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I received my copy of the BRM magazine this very morning where I noticed my Cakbox Challenge 'Long Walk Home' had won.

Many thanks to everyone that voted for me and indeed to all those of you that also followed my thread.

Luckily the magazine arrived this morning before we left so I became aware of the result, as in a few hours the family will be heading to Manchester to fly out to Florida to visit the home of a certain M.Mouse.

Things, therefore, for next few weeks will be a little quiet on this website but who knows especially if I can get the wi-fi working in the house!!!

Many thanks again...

Brilliant news and congratulations Kevin! So well deserved, and I consider myself priveliged to see behind the scenes as the project evolved with Little Muddle. Enjoy Disneyland-!

• Like 1