“Highland Sulzers” - Inverness TMD in the 80's - P4

Indomitable026

I've got an unexpected modelling day today. I should have been meeting Old Gringo and 2ManySpams to say farewell to our 'Treneglos' layout and hand it over to it's new owner. The snow has prevented me getting over to Spam Towers so hopefully everything goes ok with that.

Now that all the adjustable feet are fitted I've been able to assemble the layout and adjust it to the required level.

post-8734-0-90040200-1512903730_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-67086100-1512903732_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-53601700-1512903734_thumb.jpg

I can see that we're getting close actually doing some modelling...

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I've got an unexpected modelling day today. I should have been meeting Old Gringo and 2ManySpams to say farewell to our 'Treneglos' layout and hand it over to it's new owner. The snow has prevented me getting over to Spam Towers so hopefully everything goes ok with that.

Now that all the adjustable feet are fitted I've been able to assemble the layout and adjust it to the required level.

attachicon.gifwholelayout1.jpg

attachicon.gifwholelayout2.jpg

attachicon.gifwholelayout3.jpg

I can see that we're getting close actually doing some modelling...

Either that or playing shove ha'penny.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Direct on to the board, as per DitD.

I've never subscribed to any of the supposed benefits of using cork, well other than if you need a ballast shoulder, which I don't in this case.

I think the use of cork for sound deadening is tosh too. Where I think the cork is useful though is it gives you an extra 3-5mm that you can cut away to drop the ground slightly below the track and also helps set building bases into the layout.