2019 Collectors Club Model

Tallpaul69

Hi All,

I have just received my 2019 Collectors Club model of Bagnall 0-4-0 Diesel No.19, and a very nice little loco it is!

Can anyone point me in the direction of details of the history, usual location and use of this loco, particularly in the modern Network Rail era?

I would be interested in the same details for other similar locos in case No.19 is not appropriate for my modeled area of WR west of London, and I need to renumber it.

Many thanks

Paul

• Funny 1

51 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

It's a work of fiction. Rule 1 applies.

You could make the case that it's a later incarnation of D9706 (R3755), Hornbys equally imaginitive BR green livery.

The loco itself bears a resemblance to Bagnalls take on the New Zealand TR class small shunter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_TR_class_locomotive#W._G._Bagnall

A short video taking a closer look at the Hornby Collectors Club 2019 Model - The Hornby Bagnall 0-4-0 Diesel Shunter in eye-catching Network Rail Yellow.
Here we see the Bagnall in action, first hauling a short test train, before shunting a Brake Van into the sheds for some repairs. 
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

You could make the case that it's a later incarnation of D9706 (R3755), Hornbys equally imaginitive BR green livery.

The loco itself bears a resemblance to Bagnalls take on the New Zealand TR class small shunter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_TR_class_locomotive#W._G._Bagnall

So my suspicion may be correct, Sn3.5 on that basis.

John

A short running session featuring the all the Hornby Collectors Club 2019 Model - Bagnall 0-4-0 Diesel Shunter in eye-cacthing Network Rail Yellow, edited with Real Sound. 
Sounds are provided by a BR Class 03, No. 03901 from my sound collection, hauling trains during the Somerset & Dorset Railway's Mixed Traction Gala 2019.
Hope you enjoy!

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

All that noise Callum and you expect the Bagnall to be going a little bit faster... Having seen it now, maybe I’ll keep mine.

Was thinking the same when I saw the British Rail 03 for which the sound recording is from! The Cummings engine, certainly makes it a whole new beast! :)