Hornby Announce a BR 2-6-0 Standard 2MT for 2020

MGR Hooper!

Hornby have announced a newly tooled BR 2-6-0 Std 2MT for 2020. For 2020 there's 3 models in the pipeline, they are as follows:-

- R3836 BR Std 2MT #78047
https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2020/br-standard-2mt-2-6-0-78047-era-5.html

- R3838 BR Std 2MT #78010
https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2020/br-standard-2mt-2-6-0-78010-era-4.html

- R3839 BR Std 2MT #78000
https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/shop/new-for-2020/br-standard-2mt-2-6-0-78000-era-5.html

They are all due in Q4 2020

• 1 month later...

The first EP of the Standard Class 2 was shown by Hornby in todays Engine Shed. Looks to be shaping up as a fine model. Development seems to be ahead of most of the 2020 announcements (apart from Rocket of course). They also covered the research visit to the preserved example. Nice edition which seemed to include a tempter, (see the final photo of the Class 2 photo set). Perhaps going back to the teasing of old.

Strange this model hasn't attracted more interest on here. I'm really drawn to the smaller standard classes and hope that if this sells well, it will lead to a Standard 2 tank.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rembrow said:

The first EP of the Standard Class 2 was shown by Hornby in todays Engine Shed. Looks to be shaping up as a fine model. Development seems to be ahead of most of the 2020 announcements (apart from Rocket of course). They also covered the research visit to the preserved example. Nice edition which seemed to include a tempter, (see the final photo of the Class 2 photo set). Perhaps going back to the teasing of old.

Strange this model hasn't attracted more interest on here. I'm really drawn to the smaller standard classes and hope that if this sells well, it will lead to a Standard 2 tank.

Maybe because we are using the other thread....

;) 

Jason

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rembrow said:

I certainly hope the 2MT does sell well and proves a success for Hornby.

My only concern is the amount of black liveried BR locos (Standard classes and otherwise) already in circulation, which remain heavily discounted and unsold.

This EP sample looks stunning.

Edited by Black 5 Bear
Mistake
  • Agree 1

• AY Mod locked this topic