Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

As you were, weather's back to normal and the rain's washed most of it away ;)

Thank goodness for that, keefer. I can put all the snow-making stuff away again now.

I have thought that if I ever get bored of Waverley West one day, I'd change the season and add a fresh snowfall. I don't think there's much chance of me getting bored with the layout for some time though with all the plans I have. And then there are my plans to do Oban too, though I think that's going to be a retirement project the way things are going.

• RMweb Premium

And then there are my plans to do Oban too, though I think that's going to be a retirement project the way things are going.

Don't you believe it, once you're retired, the domestic authorities come up with so many unexpected and unfamiliar tasks like hoovering, shopping, washing, ironing, and the like - it's not all "When I'm 64", I can assure you.

Don't you believe it, once you're retired, the domestic authorities come up with so many unexpected and unfamiliar tasks like hoovering, shopping, washing, ironing, and the like - it's not all "When I'm 64", I can assure you.

I have no doubt you're right there, Stewart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Some superb, life like photos as normal. The weather in your time machine actually matched reality up here tonight and a 47 was at Waverley as well on the back of the Flying Scotsman hauled train running from Edinburgh out and back via the Fife circle. Here's a shot of it as it starts to cross the Forth Bridge. Never seen so many people out to watch a train including the police helicopter which must've had a superb view.

All the best

Mark

post-6863-0-19419700-1463354962.jpeg

• Like 13

Hi Dave,

Some superb, life like photos as normal. The weather in your time machine actually matched reality up here tonight and a 47 was at Waverley as well on the back of the Flying Scotsman hauled train running from Edinburgh out and back via the Fife circle. Here's a shot of it as it starts to cross the Forth Bridge. Never seen so many people out to watch a train including the police helicopter which must've had a superb view.

All the best

Mark

Nice pic, Mark. Thanks for posting!

I'm hoping to get some pics of the bridge without any scaffolding for once when we're up in a couple of weeks.

Will be in touch shortly.

Cheers

Dave 

While I was trying and failing to get a decent still shot of 60103 at the real Waverley West my wife had more luck with her camera phone

https://www.facebook.com/jim.howie.10/videos/1140981745933268/?pnref=story  Damn those infernal OHLE structures!!!!!

Jim

Thanks for that, JIm. Looking at that view reminds me why I won't be adding any OHLE to Waverley West! 

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Just been hitting the like button, more great pics the DMUs are looking great. Looking forwards to seeing the fiddleyard extension.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Dave,

All the best

Mark

it wasn't the police helicopter it was the network rail helicopter G-NETW and the 47 was county of Essex

Edited by Danim

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely stunning Dave,

In never ceased to be amazed and inspired by the level of detail in your modelling. How did you do the computer and laser printer?

Rich