Cannons Lane

bike2steam

Any more updates? Love the station buildings

Thanks for asking ( and saying), but not a lot has been done on the layout, mostly loco, and stock building, too much back trouble ( the problem with getting old-er) has been plaguing me of late so I've spent more time in my office where it's a little more comfortable. But when things get better, I'll be in the workshop with the camera.

• 3 months later...

Doesn't time fly, over a year since the last post (?) Most of this year has been taken up with Blandford, but now Warley is out of the way - back to Cannons Lane, and the second of two signal boxes takes shape, with 'Cannons Lane No. 2'. based on the SSR box at Essington Wood, but mirror image. Final detail work, including guttering, down pipes, and internal fittings still to do.

LNW Type 3 design, nice work on the model.

• 1 month later...

A while ago the decision was taken to update the chassis on the 3 old kit-built Stanier moguls, then a couple of weeks later Bachmann, in their infinite wisdom, announced they were to make their rtr versions, so the update was shelved to wait, and see what the Baccy ones would be like - I got tired of waiting. The reworked 3 have their running in session, and all went well, the Comet chassis were kept, but the motors, and gearboxes were replaced with Mitsumi motors ( thanks to John Isherwood), and High-Level gearboxes, end result, perfectly smooth excellent running, 75% controller setting giving scale 50mph - perfect.

An old K's kit, with Gibson wheels( ah yes, the front sand filler-caps are missing !)

post-7336-0-74232900-1465424783.jpg

An old Nu-cast kit, with a few alterations.

post-7336-0-57152700-1465424823.jpg

Another old K's kit

post-7336-0-06776800-1465424854.jpg

Beautiful modelling Paul, very evocative. If you are in the vicinity of MRS/Platform models I'd appreciate you looking over our Bournemouth West exhibition layout and getting your views.

I'll try to get over there, but can't promise anything as I don't get much spare time, every time I see Chris or Steve Knight they ask me when I'm gonna pay 'em a visit ?? A mate who helps with running a machine shop keeps asking me to go and help out - I love dabbling with lathes, and milling machines ( well it's part of my old trade!), he's heaped up with work for various heritage lines, but I just cant find the time - it's a tough life :sungum: Good luck with your project Roger.

• 4 months later...

Apologies for lack of movement on this thread, but the last 4 months has been a nightmare with problems within the family, the end result being that my dear wife has had a nervous breakdown, and I'm having to look after her full-time. As a consequence we have to move, down-size to cut our overheads, which means, unfortunately, I have to dispose of the layout, either find a new home or, regrettably, break it up. So if anyone can give it a new home, for free, let me know. 

I do hope you find a home for the layout. The buildings, in particular, are outstanding and will hopefully be saved should you need to dismantle. Wishing you all the best.

• RMweb Gold

Apologies for lack of movement on this thread, but the last 4 months has been a nightmare with problems within the family, the end result being that my dear wife has had a nervous breakdown, and I'm having to look after her full-time. As a consequence we have to move, down-size to cut our overheads, which means, unfortunately, I have to dispose of the layout, either find a new home or, regrettably, break it up. So if anyone can give it a new home, for free, let me know. 

I hope that you can find a new home for your superb layout.

More than that though I really hope that your family situation improves and that a more settled and less stressful way of life comes to you and yours.

Fantastic modelling Paul, it would be a shame to see it broke up, but looking after the family is paramount.

Just wish i had the space to take it on

hope everything works out for you

Karl

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't like to see it broken up, it looks rather good, but sometimes we have to move on. Hopefully you can find a home for it but if not I am sure that some on here could re-use any bits. I love the buildings and just hope I can make ones as good to go on my South Staffs layout currently under construction. I would hold on to the stock, as you could well be on a position to make something in future.

In the meantime I hope things work out for you and the situation at home improves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now sold, and gone to a new home, I'll miss it, possible moving house is on hold, equity release is a possibility, I need more space in the workshop to possibly putting it to good use, now I have to have a good rethink - as they say 'watch this space'.

Archived