Norfolk Southern Heritage Locomotives

Pete Piszczek

Heard about this last Sunday, rumor at that point, and simply too unbelievable to pass on.

Basically, NS is painting 18 units in heritage schemes, railroads as follows:

• Central of Georgia

• Conrail

• Erie

• Erie Lackawanna

• Leigh Valley

• New Haven

• New York Central

• Nickel Plate Road

• Norfolk & Western

• Penn Central

• Pennsylvania

• Pittsburg & West Virginia

• Reading

• Savanna & Atlanta

• Southern

• Tennessee, Alabama & Georgia

• Virginian

• Wabash

10 EMDs and 8 GEs. Paint is supposed to be as close as they can get it, none of Uncle Pete's stylized heritage schemes. Holy Smokes!

Only disappointment is no original Norfolk Southern. Central of New Jersey would have been nice too. But I whine too much!

There's gonna be a lot of foaming on the east coast...

• RMweb Gold

SD70ACe : Savannah & Atlanta , Pittsburgh & West Virginia , Penn Central , Reading , Erie , Erie Lackawanna , Virginian , New Haven or 1960`s Norfolk Southern , New York Central , Wabash.

ES44AC : Conrail , N&W , Pennsy , Lehigh Valley , Nickle Plate Road , Southern Green : E8 style , Tennessee Alabama & Georgia , Central of Georgia.

Info from NSLocos.com facebook page.

Interesting to see that one of the ACe's will be either New Haven or 1960's NS....

It's true that they need keep trademarks active under the "use them or lose them" but it is still good for us. I wonder whether Central Railroad of New Jersey is actually owned by New Jersey Transit?

Wasn't Reading part of the conglomerate of B&O? Yet B&O must be a CSX mark.

Best, Pete.

It's true that they need keep trademarks active under the "use them or lose them" but it is still good for us. I wonder whether Central Railroad of New Jersey is actually owned by New Jersey Transit?

Wasn't Reading part of the conglomerate of B&O? Yet B&O must be a CSX mark.

Best, Pete.

From what I remember the Reading remained independent until the Conrail merger of 1976. Prior to that there was talk of merging with the B&O but as far as I know the Reading was not in a good financial state so the B&O ended up as part of the Chessie System which of course became a big part of the CSX.

Willy

• 2 weeks later...

They let someone loose with a bunch of marker pens for that!!!

At least they are going with the tasty Royal Blue/Tangerine of CNJ. The Norfolk Southern looks good too as does Central of Georgia.

Funny thing is original liveried Conrail locos have been running around (at least up until recently).

Best, Pete.

Archived