Backdating the Hornby Pannier

knobhead

Hi Stefan,

I didn't think you would be able to resist that poor, undetailed, non Edwardian little GWR pannier tank for very long! At your current rate of progress that will be this one and another by Christmas...

I look forward to seeing her done!

All the best,

Castle

Hi Stefan,

I didn't think you would be able to resist that poor, undetailed, non Edwardian little GWR pannier tank for very long! At your current rate of progress that will be this one and another by Christmas...

I look forward to seeing her done!

All the best,

Castle

Thanks Castle!

I feel like you're getting to know me pretty well, it's almost spooky! I bought another loco to butcher yesterday!

Regards,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Well, that other loco was sitting looking all alone on the shelf without a home and a future and you happened to be passing - if it was a puppy it would have followed you home anyway so what was the point in fighting it? It was almost an act of charity!

You can see I am good at these type of 'excuses' can't you...

All the best,

Castle

Interesting. What's the Hornby chassis like for converting to EM?

I know nothing about EM-conversions, however, there seems to be plenty of room. My chassis is of the older type that drives the front axle. I like it better than the newer one with the disturbing flangeless middle wheel.

Well, I've said it before 'n' I'll say it again...............you certainly don't hang about, Stefan.

Hope it's an easier one so mere mortals like me can have a bash!!!

Good luck!

Jonte

Thanks Jonte!

I don't think that anything I do is very difficult, it may take a bit of patience, though. The biggest lesson I've learned is to let things take a proper amount of time to minimize the misstakes.

Regards,

Stefan

The Master converter has made his mark already I see. Definitely a 'knobhead' the informed amongst us will say!

Coming along nicely, Stefan.

Regards,

Jonte.

P.S. I've no wish to interrupt your creation of yet another masterpiece, Stefan, however if you would cast your mind back to the Lord of the Isles build, would you mind letting me know what the final concoction was for the 'Indian Red' please? I think you mentioned 75% Rail Match and 25% Humbrol 133 initially, but then you went on to darken/deepen the colour somehow and I'd just like to know what the missing ingredient was and it what quantities it was added. Only when you've time, of course.

Hi Stefan

Iv'e not been on much lately and I must say i'm impressed by your progress since Lord of the Isles, which I have managed to purchase cheaply for a conversion when I have the time and the nerve to cut into it. My wife said that's a really nice engine and your going to do what!

I also have an old Farish loco part way through conversion to a 31xx so you beat me to that as well, just as well I'm not doing a Pannier - too late a model for me.

Great work again though and it is tempting me to get the tools out but I must complete my other bits first. I look forward to seeing yet another completed project of yours.

Jim

Archived