Liverpool Street Diesel Servicing Point

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

Over many years I have been looking at various ER depots (see Pig Lane and Hanging Hill), trouble is I keep coming back to either King Cross Passenger Loco (or Bottom Shed) and Liverpool Street Diesel Servicing Point as potential real locations with lots of movement. Both ideas would mean I only make part of the station but enough for the loco movements to be replicated. In planning Kings Cross I feel I need to model most of the suburban station including platform 16 with Brush Type 2s struggling up the incline.

With Liverpool Street I could potentially get away with only modelling Platforms 10 and 11 and still have a busy movement of locos. Trains arriving, locos being coupled on the rear to take them back to Kings Lynn, Norwich or other exotic locations. The train loco then being serviced ready for its next train. My plan includes Platform 12 so that I can have EMUs (AM9s) scuttling back and forth. I have been collecting photos of the location. I even have some of my own. But I have a major problem, lack of clear photos of Worship Street and Shoreditch High Street bridges and the loco washer.

post-16423-0-75091200-1356689555_thumb.png

post-16423-0-21274500-1356689594_thumb.jpg

TTA on the fuel siding

post-16423-0-25379900-1356689643_thumb.jpg

Class 31 on the fuel point

post-16423-0-81956600-1356689714_thumb.jpg

Fuel Tanks

post-16423-0-05986500-1356689810_thumb.jpg

D200 (40 122) over loking the stabling point

post-16423-0-81281100-1356689881_thumb.jpg

The ex milk tank that always seemed to be at the station being shunted. Yes it was moving when I took the photo from the train I was on.

Thanks in advance for any information that would help.

• RMweb Premium

Great location Clive, one which has fascinated me for some time. Fascinated me so much that I have the "station" bit of the stabling point half completed as a mini-layout!

The cab-road is my background, the rear face of platform 10 my foreground and Pinder Street my exit to the fiddle yard. Part of the fabulously huge overall roof is other scenic break.

I don't pretend it's a scale model, more a representation around the constraints of Peco geometry, oh, and (perhaps this is the worst bit for many) I've relocated it to the Western so certain lengths are adjusted to suit hydraulic dimensions. But I like it!

I can't help with any of the details you need, I've not come across anything in my web-searches, but I repeat the process now and again so will keep an eye out.

Adrian

• 8 months later...

Archived