Lunester Lounge: CLOSED

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Jock, why the apology? You don't have to contribute on a daily basis and I'm sure we all understand when people disappear for a while. Sorry to hear about the back. It really can be simple things that trigger problems. About 5 years ago I did myself some back ligament damage as I straightened up from rinsing my hair in the shower. Ridiculous!

Hope you are better soon. Nothing for it, the rest of your family will have to give you more TLC!!

Jeff

I've been busy with the rest of life- like doing drawings for the small boats I decided (rashly, I think) to take the course for.  They are the ORCA patrol boats, 210 tons, 5000 shp on 2 fixed pitch screws...quite the step up from what I was last on for small boats (70 ton, 400 shp, 10 kw diesel generator (one) )  I also have been given back the community association books- the person doing them has made revenue mad at us.  (very mad indeed)

I've also been working on building a wood cabinet to hold the steam wagon and 12 spaces for playmobile,

15558532109_88a597f9a2_m.jpgimage by Peach James, on Flickr

15559241907_dd92eca557_m.jpg

James

• RMweb Gold

And here we have tonight's round of "Name that car part"!

Bonus points will be awarded for make and model.

:jester:

Sigh, no takers lol. so here's the car that the bumper belongs to... ( and I want engine size and correct cylinder configuration) ;)

post-7000-0-72169300-1415572246_thumb.jpg

Sigh, no takers lol. so here's the car that the bumper belongs to... ( and I want engine size and correct cylinder configuration) ;)

attachicon.gifclassified.jpg

No idea what the car is but if that lower bulge between the exhausts looks remarkably like a fuel tank! Thought this was banned due to tests on some American Ford small family car which exploded when hit in the rear and from this accident changes were made to locate the tank further inboard.

With twin exhaust I would opt for at least a 6 cylinder firing on 1-5-3-6-2-4.

• RMweb Gold

No idea what the car is but if that lower bulge between the exhausts looks remarkably like a fuel tank! Thought this was banned due to tests on some American Ford small family car which exploded when hit in the rear and from this accident changes were made to locate the tank further inboard.

With twin exhaust I would opt for at least a 6 cylinder firing on 1-5-3-6-2-4.

Thats the wheel well, fuel tank sits further forward. Had it been produced a year or so earlier she would of had a straight 6 ;)

I notice that the Lounge has just gone through 100,000 views. Bit surprised, really, as I'm sure it was only at 98,000 when I looked earlier.

Not complaining though!

Jeff

That will be the two thousand pair of eyes hiding in the darkness that have just popped out looking in the direction of Bitton and gone back again :jester:

I notice that the Lounge has just gone through 100,000 views. Bit surprised, really, as I'm sure it was only at 98,000 when I looked earlier.

Not complaining though!

Jeff

Jeff,

The lions share of the credit goes to you, like a good ring-master you've kept the show running and on roughly the right 'track' throughout!

As a relative newcomer, I have had some tremendous fun as well as learning all sorts of new topics. In addition, I have felt the support of lots of new digital friends, helping me to get through some pretty dark times. I am sure that I'm not alone in wanting to say a big thank you for coming up with the concept - long may it continue!

Kind regards,

Jock.

It's still very quiet around here, in spite of Andy being back since yesterday.

This could be due to one of three things:

1. He still hasn't got his 'flip-flop' back

2. He's exploded

3. He is stealthily tracking us down one-by-one.........

2. He's exploded

Or it could be all 3 :scared:

• RMweb Premium

2. He's exploded

I think we can discount number 2. I've seen no increase in the radiation background level, or reports of mushroom clouds. both highly likely when he switches on!

Number 1 (if you'll pardon the expression) is the more likely scenario.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff,

The lions share of the credit goes to you, like a good ring-master you've kept the show running and on roughly the right 'track' throughout!

As a relative newcomer, I have had some tremendous fun as well as learning all sorts of new topics. In addition, I have felt the support of lots of new digital friends, helping me to get through some pretty dark times. I am sure that I'm not alone in wanting to say a big thank you for coming up with the concept - long may it continue!

Kind regards,

Jock.

You are far too kind, Jock. But I do agree with you about the "digital friends" bit - and more, for those Lunesters I've then met in person.

Jeff

I've been wondering what the h*ll this thread was about for some time so I went back to post #1 just now to find out.  Erm, if I understand it correctly almost anything it seems.  In this vain can I enquire whether any of you have seen "Sunny Afternoon" The Kinks musical?  See this link http://sunnyafternoonthemusical.com/?gclid=CJ_zgJLW-sECFRMatAod0DsAjA

Me and the wife were thinking of going (I've always loved The Kinks).

If I have misunderstood the main purpose of The Lounge....I'll get me coat.

Cheers,

Brian.

Evening all,

Thought I'd get a quick post in before AndyP strikes with the holiday snaps!

I've put a lengthy post in Early Risers about the good news I got from my oncologist consultation yesterday and if any one is interested would they kindly look in there to save me writing it out again as I'm weary now and Joanna has just inquired as to when we are eating tonight!

Hope you've all got armour on as the 'flip-flop' has returned,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Gold

Brian

the purpose of this thread was to stop us filling other threads with off topic stuff. Not a 100% sucess but works well enough.

I haven't seen the musical. I still have good memories at seeing the Kinks live quite a few times at our local dance hall. I may still have some 45s if they have been lost in the many moves.

Don

• RMweb Gold

I've put a lengthy post in Early Risers about the good news I got from my oncologist consultation yesterday and if any one is interested would they kindly look in there to save me writing it out again...

Just had a read of your post Jock. I'm so pleased to hear the positive news. You attitude to it is also inspirational. I hope you do decide to book that holiday, you deserve it. Keep believing, and keep posting, and you'll always keep inspiring.

Kind regards, Neil

• RMweb Premium

I've been wondering what the h*ll this thread was about for some time so I went back to post #1 just now to find out.  Erm, if I understand it correctly almost anything it seems.  In this vain can I enquire whether any of you have seen "Sunny Afternoon" The Kinks musical?  See this link http://sunnyafternoonthemusical.com/?gclid=CJ_zgJLW-sECFRMatAod0DsAjA

Me and the wife were thinking of going (I've always loved The Kinks).

If I have misunderstood the main purpose of The Lounge....I'll get me coat.

Cheers,

Brian.

Yes, so have I.....    ..... and I started it!

Seriously, it's meant as a general discussion forum for like-minded people who want to share ideas/discuss topics without clogging up their own layout threads. The wide range of topics in here has been very satisfying.

Love The Kinks - didn't know there was a musical.

Jeff

Archived