Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Tidying up, so complete painting of items which includes

Langley Models

med_gallery_17883_3149_372816.jpgrmweb814langleymodel3

The big question was how to paint them, modern is more orange, but the items they are hung on are more dated to my mind, 

how long has it been orange, so do it red? Then if I did rope should I do it white? or rope colour? But I plumped fr red, I have a vague memory of a lifebelt being thrown and it having a red rope...so you could see it? Regardless...I liked the rope red. edit = As for the wood I decided it new wood not faded wood.

At a distance

med_gallery_17883_3149_603378.jpgrmweb813langlemodel2

Close up

med_gallery_17883_3149_1302.jpgrmweb812langlemodels1

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Kal has noticed there are TWO identical kits in the Knightwing fuelling kit, so before I start anything else new.....

he has said....we'lll do this one first and each have a go........

Am madly tidying space....hiding tools :angel: ........  :whistle: ............................................................................. :jester:

Am copying all instructions as there is only one................................................................................................

Wondering if I need to check out the name of a good divorce solicitor............................................ :nono:  :scared:

If anyone else has one to make, or one they have already made feel free to join in................................... :sungum:

• Like 1

Contents and instructions - notice a choice of a concrete art deco style or a winged steel roof.

med_gallery_17883_3113_203647.jpgrmweb816knightwing1

med_gallery_17883_3113_72035.jpgrmweb817knightwing2

med_gallery_17883_3113_443337.jpgrmweb818knightwing3

med_gallery_17883_3113_613248.jpgrmweb8189knightwing4

med_gallery_17883_3113_191779.jpgrmweb8190knightwing5

med_gallery_17883_3113_390463.jpgrmweb811knightwing6

• Like 2

Maybe so   ....    

I'm not arm-wrestling HIM,

Look here now  .......   I have never known something like that prevent any worthy wife from finding other ways  .....  

Ooops! ...   just look what happened to all that pot of thinners  ....   must remember to put another entry in the Clumsy Club Thread  .......   :O  :scared:  :O   .........    Oh, I am sooo sorry dear  ....   :angel:  :angel:   .....  

He's been boxing, not arm wrestling, moving trains from this box...ooh no that box...this room....to that room, I have sat down logging what he does......twenty boxes......and locos within.......just watching him.....and I feel tired..... :training:  :swoon:

WHERE IS THE "YEP!!" emoticon  .....................   :triniti:  :triniti:

you actually think I'm brave enough to try that.......on purpose??????

.............................................    there is always the tight elastic safety-net  ................     but we won't go there  ...............    :nono:  :nono:

• RMweb Gold

Maybe so   ....    

Look here now  .......   I have never known something like that prevent any worthy wife from finding other ways  .....  

Ooops! ...   just look what happened to all that pot of thinners  ....   must remember to put another entry in the Clumsy Club Thread  .......   :O  :scared:  :O   .........    Oh, I am sooo sorry dear  ....   :angel:  :angel:   .....  

I do not need my wife to upset the thinners, although upset thinners = upset wife.  We work at the same table, I am modelling, she is doing high powered maths.  I managed to tip my thinners over, fortunately not too much.  Upset wife really means she said, "There is a strong smell of paint in here", and opened the window.

There is still a strong smell, and I really need to do some painting.  Oh well, back to cutting plastic.

• RMweb Gold

28mm, find us some 00 gauge ones!!!!

'Frayed knot.  I think, although I will never say I am right, I think that I know most 25mm, 20mm, 1/72, 1/76 figures available and there are no dad's army figures.  Having said that there may be Home Guard figures in metal.  I will have to have a look but none that look as accurate as those.

If anyone else has one to make, or one they have already made feel free to join in................................... :sungum:

This was the one I built for my Chadwood layout a few years ago. Looking forward to seeing your versions.

Derby-20110427-00134.jpg

Dave

• Like 5

Rammy

Nice, just need to not let Kal see it.. :jester: .......I like the colours, did you reference them, or just choose the nice dull green. Oh and did you think there was enough hose?

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Chris N

It has to be THOSE from Dad Army, because we have a running joke :jester: that 3 of our friends that we met in rl match three of the characters. A little bit by looks, BUT so much by character. (luckily they have NOT tried to match us.....phew....luckily there seems to be no female models from the show that  I can think of LOL, and it wouldn't be the Wendy Richards one!!! Am wondering how I might be able to tweak it.

Still stripping copper wire

making copper branches

flexi barking copper wire

gluing 

and greening branches

add them onto the tree

flexi barking the join..............this is tedious............weeping willow has to be the most time consuming by .....

and basically still concentrating on one side only......

med_gallery_17883_2992_155227.jpgrmweb815willow2

am now ensuring their is green above the carrier branches (the ones the small branches hang on) and shaping them a little towards the waterfall effect

med_gallery_17883_2992_743769.jpgrmweb816willow3

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

Rammy

Nice, just need to not let Kal see it.. :jester: .......I like the colours, did you reference them, or just choose the nice dull green. Oh and did you think there was enough hose?

Jaz

My brother painted it for me, but I think the colours were just randomly selected from what he had. He usually paints wargaming figures and vehicles which is probably why it looks like army green! There seemed to be enough hose for me, but I guess you ciudad always use thin wire or sleeping if you needed more.

Dave

Rammy

Well I think the old green paint, which was popular on houses and stuff works really well. I hope you got him a drink as a reward.

Hope you have the picture on your layout as well ;)

edit=Ah you do...I went for a little reccie  :sungum:

Edited by Jaz