Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Wow you have been busy with both paintbrush and keyboard since I last checked in on Friday! Two pages on and the new wall is looking great and very very impressed with your kiwi - not an easy thing to draw. Keep up the great work.

The next......now he is going to be obvious...

and though is not a 'regular' poster he has been on my friends list for ages

and he has posted rather recently... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_2760_326644.jpgrmweb2258wall112

He kindly gave me permission to make a 3D version

med_gallery_17883_2760_19647.jpgrmweb2259wall113

but you'll soon see...that I incorporated his real avatar....

med_gallery_17883_2760_96972.jpgrmweb2260wall114

med_gallery_17883_2760_195624.jpgrmweb2261wall115

• Like 5

cont.d......

med_gallery_17883_2760_479547.jpgrmweb2262wall116

although when he sees why I have done....he might 'Unfriend' me LOL

med_gallery_17883_2760_338548.jpgrmweb2263wall117

med_gallery_17883_2760_51770.jpgrmweb2264wall118

med_gallery_17883_2760_542793.jpgrmweb2264wall119

His avatar is now a photofit...

med_gallery_17883_2760_54969.jpgrmweb2265wLL120

I just noticed the avatars mouth is no longer round ...I'll correct it soon.

....................artizen

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

this does not look too good...but it evolves....

med_gallery_17883_2760_143116.jpgrmweb2266wall121

it should be obvious......well I hope so....

med_gallery_17883_2760_366903.jpgrmweb2267wall122

some white for the other colours to blend into

med_gallery_17883_2760_242527.jpgrmweb2268wall123

and a bit of colour

med_gallery_17883_2760_365528.jpgrmweb2269wall124

• Like 5

Wow you have been busy with both paintbrush and keyboard since I last checked in on Friday! Two pages on and the new wall is looking great and very very impressed with your kiwi - not an easy thing to draw. Keep up the great work.

The Kiwi is not finished.....but the colours will be dependant on the other graffiti....So I will expand that idea soon. I may also be able to get in your name as the signature.....as the Kiwi is not specific for people to realise it is for you.

Edited by Jaz

So far we have

@Jc

Anthony, son of Marcus37 (still needs work) and Diane

Kal

Jaz

Newbryford's Le Chat in yellow

CWR

Freebs

ChrisN's mad scientist

a wookie / Sasquatch

a Doughnut

a Kiwi for Sweven

aritzen

Jukebox

Jcredfer with mindriver

Brass0four

ess1uk

Westerhamstation

DT 

RSLR

are still to be done

and a few others are still to confirm they want a spot.

If anyone body has not been contacted or confirmed....pls be aware spots are getting tighter.

• Like 4

That's scary because I actually do wear a white shirt with thin black knitted wool tie (an original from the seventies) along with my handmade steampunk waistcoat and top hat with many badges and pins. Once I finish radiation, I am threatening to wear the top hat to cover the lack of hair on one side of my head until it grows back so my sister-in-law has knitted me a beanie! Most modellers in Brisbane have seen me "dressed" at shows. The hat is my trademark but really it was originally so I could be seen from anywhere in the hall. You have done justice to the art of steampunk - thank you.

• Like 2

I should have known, just as AV seemed to be leaning a little toward the prototypical norm, a blitz of Jaz Majik reminds us just why AV holds us in glamor like no other thread!

Respec'

Tonkin.

Edited by Brass0four

Jaz,

On holiday (yes I know I'm retired!) and so only just caught up. Terribly sorry to hear about dad, it must be a real worry for you - please keep bulletins coming. I'll look in as often as I can and hope for good news on his progress. As dear AndyP made clear, you've only got one!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Not only is it great work with the paintbrush but it also looks like it came out of a scale rattle can! - excellent Jaz. Can we see a few wide angles showing the whole wall?

As requested

The first part of the Wall is the extended roadway with the lay-by

med_gallery_17883_2760_323040.jpgrmweb2277wall132

med_gallery_17883_2760_654723.jpgrmweb2278wall133

the second part of the wall is where the elevated signal box was sitting

med_gallery_17883_2760_25722.jpgrmweb2279wall34

med_gallery_17883_2760_295812.jpgrmweb2280wall135

Both should face the tracks....for painting purposes they have been swung 180 degrees.

• Like 3

med_gallery_17883_2760_203208.jpg

This area and beyond is where the walls are homed. This slope on the left having been chopped a way.

They don't sit flush there is a dog leg....and the slope is background is now cut and vertical to match the near one

med_gallery_17883_2760_154385.jpg

which allows proper access of vehicles into the area below...I may even add a tunnel under this roadway

so behind these tow PIR sections there are now the retaining walls with graffiti

med_gallery_17883_2760_475.jpg

med_gallery_17883_2760_488049.jpg

so most of slope has now gone on the left hand side.

med_gallery_17883_2760_484262.jpg

The signalbox could now just about sit down on the track level. But we are considering it moving to the platform for the one the building was based actually does that.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 7

Hi Jaz, just popped in to see if there's any update on your dad, hope he's O.K.

The wall is looking very good.

Bodge.

The hospital has agreed that before an op on the two breaks on his arm goes ahead....they need to investigate how his heart is. They intend an echo cardiogram to see how low his heart beats whilst not on the operating table (saturday he went as low as 38 and the problem is the arm!) and a 24 or 48 hour (I presume if they think the 24 is bad they'll go for a longer check)

They have put the arm in a cast while a decision awaits.      This equipment is supposedly hard to get...usually reserved for ops or urgent pre ops...so expect a couple of days.

Meantime whether they go ahead or not, it is apparently the first week (occasionally 2 weeks) is when the pain is bad. so he is in hospital under 24 supervision with full medical care, he is in a single room (we advised he is happy to be in a 4 bed room for the company) (apparently he may be knocked down in the rush!!!)

So if an op no epidermal as is above waist / spine. So they would either do a General Anaesthtic (which is the one this hospital warned us off of twice before) or Blockers. Blockers involves a 3 or 4 in needle being pushed in to the area above the collar bone to numb the area to be worked on (some times the prefer a general anaes and a blocker) blockers can be done lower if the fingers are involved. They have a screen to show where the needle goes and avoid all the stuff they should not touch.

He's fed, he's watered.....I'm taking him titbits, he is getting ice cream (he loves ice-cream) he's basically pain free, he is not unhappy. He is in a new blue cast, and has several young nice looking nursing aids running around after him......and as he is a complete gentleman so they are all being really nice to him.....I think he is in most peoples idea of Valhalla......

But the top break just below the elbow is not considered a problem. Just a sling. The one just above the elbow is the issue....they are fairly confident that though it is right next to the ball joint and there is a good black triangle visible on the Xray (not good), that he is safe from nerve damage. but the ortho team would like to go ahead. But even though they now are agreeing to wait to see what the anaesthetists say....as it is them who would keep him alive.

So no punch up today...mutual agreement wait for the anaesthetist.