med_gallery_17883_2760_708755.jpgrmweb2281wall136

red background

med_gallery_17883_2760_411482.jpgrmweb2285wall140

red background bigger, and crane light coloured in

med_gallery_17883_2760_694010.jpgrmweb2286wall141

using a red marker pen for better definition

med_gallery_17883_2760_792306.jpgrmweb2287wall142

• Like 1

A certain person sent me a lovely large pixelated picture, but it will be awkward to redraw small pixels on this surface....so I am making a test run on another idea....

if the idea is a ash out....I'll paint back over it. 

med_gallery_17883_2760_845026.jpgrmweb2282wall137

• Like 3

you may have noticed Brass90our has updated his avatar

initial drawing

med_gallery_17883_2760_708755.jpgrmweb2281wall136

red background

med_gallery_17883_2760_411482.jpgrmweb2285wall140

red background bigger, and crane light coloured in

med_gallery_17883_2760_694010.jpgrmweb2286wall141

using a red marker pen for better definition

med_gallery_17883_2760_792306.jpgrmweb2287wall142

Looking excellent! The marker is a good bet given the complexity of the feathers. And it is lovely to see all the different logos come together. As a Steam Punk fan I applaud my next-door neighbour! :)

Tony.

edit: I didn't dare try to edit the repeat images out. I'd probably have made a real mess of everything.

Edited by Brass0four
  • Like 1

I need to ensure a decent mix of pictures, colour, and graphical names, there will also be some 'rubbish' one I have all the characters in place. so individual items and the whole work ok.

You red background works well with the red in artizen's.

Julian / Jcredfer has decided on his pilot wings, with mini driver as a rider. So a sort of loose reference to Harry Potter. Riding a griffin.

med_gallery_17883_2760_322795.jpgrmweb2283wall138

I'm hoping to get her wearing the crown off his badge.

• Like 3

I was planning on Westerhamstation possibly using only the WHS...but he is plumping for the plane from his avatar

med_gallery_17883_2760_19409.jpgrmweb2284wall139

I need to ensure it is big enough to get the details in.And his name will reduce as that occurs.

I try to give people equal billing space wise. Newbryford lost out originally and I may add his blue Le chat or his name as a scrawl in compensation.

• Like 2

Brass0four

once the design in drawn in pale, and working, it then gets expanded

med_gallery_17883_2760_418972.jpgrmweb2288wall143

carefully adding the black

med_gallery_17883_2760_133117.jpgrmweb2289wall144

the edge is green at the moment as it is a good under colour for gold, especially old gold.

med_gallery_17883_2760_187895.jpg

Now I need a small enough tip to colour the feathers.....

the red has dried to pale so another coat of red and black at least

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

med_gallery_17883_2760_469810.jpgrmweb2291wall146

The green works for Julian's wings as well.

and a darker colour for the shadowed area

and a start on Al

med_gallery_17883_2760_187163.jpgrmweb2298wall153

need some skin tones add white 

med_gallery_17883_2760_257447.jpgrmweb2299wall154

mix with red

med_gallery_17883_2760_852547.jpgrmweb2300wall155

• Like 3

I'm fascinated by the way you have started Al, with the blue background and shadows  .........    not the actual choice of colour, but starting with the shadows  ..............................

............   can you talk us through that a bit?   [.....  please ...    :sungum: ]

I'm fascinated by the way you have started Al, with the blue background and shadows  .........    not the actual choice of colour, but starting with the shadows  ..............................

............   can you talk us through that a bit?   [.....  please ...    :sungum: ]

Because the PIR is so pitted, and the 'product' is so small. I have to size it using pencil. 

Now I can't rub it out...but I can paint over it. I almost did that with the first picture of Jukeboxs then decided I would improve it as I went along...I wish on reflection I had made the juke box 3D...but it never occurred to.

The turquoise and red was Al's choice when he pixalated himself.in response to my offer by PM. so you can blame him. But those two colours do work really nicely together.

The brown is a Citadel weathering. Being a transparent colour, and dark it is easy to use it as shadow if anything goes wrong

I nearly always paint on the premise that I might need to cover it back up LOL. Earlier I wasn't happy with artizen's placement so I just restarted.

Having pencil drawn the basis. I just coloured in some of the resultant blocks.

I also regularly mix and bleed colours. If I plan to do a dark colour I still test on here by watering it down and just checking I like the placement, then build it up if happy.

If a colour is to bleed then i paint one then get the next colour on fast

if a colour is to not bleed or is to be emphasis..ie black lines.....everything else must be completely dry first.

Sometimes like the Sasquatch / Wookie the first paint job is so effective you just can't bring yourself to work on it any more.

Citadel weathering and other weathering work like inks, you can successfully overlay each dry layer and build up wonderful 3d effects

solid and matt colours are ok for back grounds of paint specific items like the locos.

Even my pencil drawings evolve, I use everything from H6 to B6...the larger the B the better at shadows and depths....the higher the H the finer the detail especially for technical drawing.

Hope this helps.

If you want anything specify...or I have not answered the question just reword it. 

FYI if colours are even vaguely possible in the real world....your mind accepts them and fills in details. For instance on Freebs choice the blue could then spread and be a sky...and you mind just 'accepts it'. But to be honest there are very few colure that your mind won't accept. The problem can occur if you mix types if say you do all watercolour then add a single day- glow or fluorescent ...it looks weird. And second coating with the same wash often adds its own shadows and looks natural....like on Doughnut.

Have to stop....before I bore you all to death... :jester:

Oh......eyes ALWAYS have reflections in them and we usually just notice the white shapes

And you look at the clothes you wear and you say its ...eg......blue.....but it is not , it is blue, blue with sun highlights and blue with shadows. The rule of 3....perplexes me LOL.

• Like 3

med_gallery_17883_2760_654452.jpgrmweb2301wall156

the reason I bounce around is sometimes something has to dry ...so I move on.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_244122.jpgrmweb2302wall157

He has given me a better picture....so after this I start to adjust...

oh and shadows are always behind things......so putting it first and drawing on top some how helps with perspective.

Atmosphere is not clear, the further you look across the land the more 'misted' items look.

and drawing shadow in last often makes it look harsh. Especially if it accidentally bleeds.....so your unconscious mind knows the colour is in the fore ground not the back ground.

Most famous landscapers start at the back and slowly build up a picture coming forward...thee are exceptions....but those paints are normally technically very clever. The impressionists Monet and  Manet etc had to have a good understanding because of the way they painted.

Edited by Jaz

med_gallery_17883_2760_697599.jpgrmweb2303wall158

using the same paint style as one nearby also brings the elements together

also drawing fine lines at this scale is very hard, I have to overlay opaque colours, allowing each colour to dry so no bleed

med_gallery_17883_2760_386063.jpgrmweb2304wall159

so near Als name for instance you see the dark turquoise where I tidied up his signature.

med_gallery_17883_2760_69086.jpgrmweb2305wall160

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

Usually when I do eyes I do white blobs, usually when I do glasses I do white lines.....but when someone is wearing glasses you need to be more careful because your brain is desperately trying to match the white with the eye AND the glasses. so unless very careful....and often it just won't work. and as I can't easily correct at this size I prefer to avoid the problem.....

and just so you can see why I avoided the issue.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_383481.jpgrmweb2306wall161

showing the scenery above

med_gallery_17883_2760_397841.jpgrmweb2307wall162

And on the other side Julian / Jcredfer

just getting his pilot wings sorted before I add mini driver.

med_gallery_17883_2760_243285.jpgrmweb2308wall163

• Like 1

I have also confirmed a few more.

Castle...he offered a picture of a loco or a building.....if i drew the loco everyone would be rivet counting me.....now I am not saying I'm a chicken........cluck cluck but...i'm doing Pendennis Castle......the building.....

I contacted mkwolf1877...who helped me so much with the Goathland pictures.....yep you guessed it a wolf head

I'm adding Dana because she made me laugh...she from Canada so a maple leaf.......NOT strategically placed LOL

I'm think the water dragon which I have not put up because it is just not quite good enough will probably get white washed....t give me at least two more spaces.

Then a couple of others are are being sorted. But my pm list is now so chocker...i do a couple ...sort and confirm a couple......so i can find the details.....

I am not yet sure if i will be sad to see this lot finished or relieved ..... :drag:

• Like 2

I knew there would be one.........unfair really.....knew it was likely to be you first as well..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

hook....baited.....

line....set......

sinker.....I mean sucker....... :angel:

Edited by Jaz

• RMweb Premium

He's fed, he's watered.....I'm taking him titbits, he is getting ice cream (he loves ice-cream) he's basically pain free, he is not unhappy. He is in a new blue cast, and has several young nice looking nursing aids running around after him......and as he is a complete gentleman so they are all being really nice to him.....I think he is in most peoples idea of Valhalla......

At least they've said that his condition isn't "touch and go...."

If he touches another nurse, he's gone........... :jester:

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

Mick