Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

The Brit Farmer.....has a connection with umbrellas....I'll see if he would like to explain.......

med_gallery_17883_2760_213731.jpgrmweb2376wall232

He gave me a couple of pictures to consider....another one had a maple leaf on it.....so he probably has the best of both worlds...

again this is the first layer of paint and more work will follow

• Like 4

A couple of RMwebbers, visiting you on a Saturday morning............in a street near you............there's mate's for you.................. :O

Note from the date, they made be a tad rusty, as internet,was not around.

hey, you may even get your Dail Up Mode functioning again........... :jester:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/84785-poles-telegraph-wires-and-cables/page-2&do=findComment&comment=1422409

MolsonCan.jpg

IAMpackaging_zpsce324c05.jpg

There  is already FOUR likes on this post.......

Now it might be because you like my maple leaf....but then you would put them on my work.......so I am guessing the likes are for the BEER........... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

A couple of RMwebbers, visiting you on a Saturday morning............in a street near you............there's mate's for you.................. :O

Note from the date, they made be a tad rusty, as internet,was not around.

hey, you may even get your Dail Up Mode functioning again........... :jester:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/84785-poles-telegraph-wires-and-cables/page-2&do=findComment&comment=1422409

I checked out the link......and his thread is looking to be really informative as it gets going....so i added a follow......thanks for the heads up... :sungum:

although I have several that need finishing...or polishing....I am on the move again...

hopefully this gentleman will be fairly easy to recognise from his avatar....

med_gallery_17883_2760_252792.jpgrmweb2382wall227

and to help ...he is not Canadian.

med_gallery_17883_2760_356189.jpgrmweb2383wall228

in fact going by his avatar....I am amazed he has such a steady eye for his fantastic modelling.... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_2760_543608.jpgrmweb2384wall229

med_gallery_17883_2760_293073.jpgrmweb2385wall230

although going by my attempts to get this bit ROUND....perhaps I should try his secret ingredient/power LOL

• Like 3

med_gallery_17883_2760_370794.jpgrmweb2386wall231

His initials were up here for a while....until I decided to go for the whole picture

the colours are placement holders to help me get the proportions rights.....attempting at this size to get it right first time would be difficult

med_gallery_17883_2760_697215.jpgrmweb2387wall232

med_gallery_17883_2760_428288.jpgrmweb2388wal233

med_gallery_17883_2760_113837.jpgrmweb2389wall234

I have just noticed something terrible.........................................................I forgot to put a lid back on!!!!!!!

• Like 3

As mentioned previously regards the Wall....I initially asked ess1uk if I could use his name.....because I think it will lend itself to the modern idea of graffiti. I am working on it.....but often modern graffiti is hard to read.....if anyone has seen any examples that they think might are outstanding that I can use for reference...... please throw them up. I have noticed that the same letter ...e.g. S does not have to be written the same way, and letters are often distorted making them difficult to read.....but the glitzy ones with frills and ltd of detail are the de fact graffiti of today

And I want some thing......very now. ............Ideas on a post card          :jester:

• Like 1

some final touches

med_gallery_17883_2760_71236.jpgrmweb2390wall235

unfortunately  his name should be depicted in white in the top inner circle.....but it is just too small to do anything other than infer

and the XXX Pale Ale probably needs picking out a bit more :sungum:

this is al for this one for now.......

so if you have not guessed by yet...............

I give you WESTERHAMSTATION

• Like 1

Meantime Brass0four as previously mentioned was nervous about what he might end up with if I attempted to 'copy' the wording on his avatar.

So he offered a compromise. His name is Tony King, He uses the handle Tonkin.....So a Japanese style T and K.

If he needs it tweaked........just advise

med_gallery_17883_2760_450446.jpg

had I done it a little higher I could still have got the little round bit at the bottom.....that is still doable.....by colouring over the black and lifting the letters.....It wouls be nice to put in a little date stamp...they are usually red or black......but again....he can tell me if he likes the idea.

• Like 2

Hi Both,

The Westerham.....  is looking good, a nice balance you are achieving there.  ..  

Just a small point  ...   if you can see it - it isn't working   .......      .........         :scratchhead:          ...............   the propeller  .....

So much so that even at tick-over on the ground people have walked into them  ....   far more frequently than most people know  .....      :O
.......   well, not so much into them, as up to them  ...  as they move beyond that point - the bits tend to fly out again, quite quickly   ....       [where is the "Vomit" icon when you need it  .....]

Well eer, ahem , passing on now   ....   to try to prevent this a thin line, maybe an inch wide [sometines 2 lines] in yellow or white [not common] can be painted across the blades a few inches from the tips.
What you then get is an almost transparent disc with one [or 2] thin circles of yellow [or white as the case might be]  .......  

..............however, when the prop is at flying speeds the yellow circles tend only to show even less and where the blade is angled so the sun catches the colour most, so these thin circle are only partial and faded towards the ends of these segments of the circle - normally near the top and bottom of the swing  ...........................   [not that this is anymore of interest to passing pedestrians  ...   :scratchhead: ]  .....

It might be an idea to locate the yellow segments on the props, as they are now and then cover the outline of the blades when you add more paint.

Hope this helps.

• RMweb Gold

I'm amazed that you can accurately represent a Spitfire in such a small size, and with a few strokes of the brush, but it's instantly recognisable, awesome!

If I were a pedant like Julian, I might suggest it should be a three-bladed prop for most early marks of Spit...

• RMweb Gold

If I really were a "Pedant" I might suggest it was a good representation of a Mk 9   ..................................    :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

If I'd taken the time to Google before opening my fool mouth, I would have found that out myself :D

TA805 I believe?

I haven't got a clue what it is   ....    I just think the Jaz version is fantastic, whatever Mark, colour scheme, pilot, date, ....................

It occurs that starting a thread about your best Pedant moments might would certainly NOT be a good idea   ..........   in the Land of Rivets  .......    :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 1

Hi Both,

The Westerham.....  is looking good, a nice balance you are achieving there.  ..  

Just a small point  ...   if you can see it - it isn't working   .......      .........         :scratchhead:          ...............   the propeller  .....

So much so that even at tick-over on the ground people have walked into them  ....   far more frequently than most people know  .....      :O

.......   well, not so much into them, as up to them  ...  as they move beyond that point - the bits tend to fly out again, quite quickly   ....       [where is the "Vomit" icon when you need it  .....]

Well eer, ahem , passing on now   ....   to try to prevent this a thin line, maybe an inch wide [sometines 2 lines] in yellow or white [not common] can be painted across the blades a few inches from the tips.

What you then get is an almost transparent disc with one [or 2] thin circles of yellow [or white as the case might be]  .......  

..............however, when the prop is at flying speeds the yellow circles tend only to show even less and where the blade is angled so the sun catches the colour most, so these thin circle are only partial and faded towards the ends of these segments of the circle - normally near the top and bottom of the swing  ...........................   [not that this is anymore of interest to passing pedestrians  ...   :scratchhead: ]  .....

It might be an idea to locate the yellow segments on the props, as they are now and then cover the outline of the blades when you add more paint.

Hope this helps.

FYI

J actually PMed this.....and I though it so interesting I asked him to post. I did think the original had 3 but as they did not seem equally spaced I thought it was wrong....J also showed me a lovely picture where the work has the propeller highlighted in yellow as it was flying it showed a yellow circle....and he explained this too was wrong. So even recognised painters can get it wrong. Did you notice my yellow strips along the front edge of the wing....which I could see from a picture that Westerhamstation kindly provided to help me get the details.

But I do like it when people point out what could be wrong....because otherwise I don't notice these things. And if highlighted I find them of interest. So a bit of banter with info is VERY much appreciated.... :sungum: .

Plus as I just said on Freebs thread where he and acg_mr are also joking......a good smile = a free face lift.... :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

• Like 3

some final touches

med_gallery_17883_2760_71236.jpgrmweb2390wall235

unfortunately  his name should be depicted in white in the top inner circle.....but it is just too small to do anything other than infer

and the XXX Pale Ale probably needs picking out a bit more :sungum:

this is al for this one for now.......

so if you have not guessed by yet...............

I give you WESTERHAMSTATION

Oh....and a sneaky trick or two......

you see the FX on the side? I can't draw that thin.....so I painted around where the letters would be.....so the FX is actually the concrete wall......

there is always ways and means

And the motif/roundel on the side was made from a blue circle, dried then, a white circle (or oval as at an angle), dried then, a red. I managed a hint of yellow from the side of a micro brush....just beforeI accident scuffed it too hard in a tissue and ripped it s head off!!!! (this is the first one lost since I bough the packet) This things last me way longer than brushes.

I suppose I have to go sort out that Red Maple Leaf.....wish me luck....I have been googling water droplets......we'll see if I can make them look ok.

And then I am going to do ess1uk. I had planned initially on snakes....as his name sounds like H....essss    H....issss but I want all shiny glossy look....and the airbrush does not wok too good on this PIR it sinks in and bleeds.

If I do any more I'll go for on plastic and see if I can master the airbrush for the sparklier finishes.

• Like 1