Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I have been,......quite, happy to have written your Script's..........for the  past year............

But, having let you loose,...on writting your own,    re; Above............

I head off for pasture's new, and get on with my own now............ :jester:

Well your own thread is now a serious piece of work, I have to limit my visits to just a couple or so a day...in order to not turn pea green with envy... :bad:

for someone who claims to NOT be a modeller....Dover Priory is looking seriously good.

Kal diligently working on wiring, no scenery at all just plonked as we worked out where to start?????

med_gallery_17883_3051_154288.jpgrmweb320reprise15

in its more lurid days

med_gallery_17883_3051_460625.jpgrmweb307reprise2

The old Heartbeat...rolling into the Hogsmeade and Hogwarts area

med_gallery_17883_3051_151367.jpgrmwweeb308reprise3

the running of trains was a bit wobbly though :jester: 

med_gallery_17883_3051_561204.jpgrmweb535heartbeatold12

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Kal & Jaz,

Well done on a year, although just surviving a year is not in itself a great achievement.  (Well I suppose it could be, it just depends on the number of snipers.  :yes: )  The big achievement is that although you take your modelling seriously you do not take yourselves too seriously and so he thread is fun.  You are both warm and welcoming.  Your modelling is of a high standard and you both ask questions and spend time answering others.  I am sure I could say more.

Keep on having fun and all the best.

Although J is so addicted he is pm...ing even whilst off in foreign parts enjoying Turkish delight with the family.

Arn't you........J..... :jester:

:O ..............Cornwall,...................... has changed a bit since I was last there, then..................

Flying for an overhead view, as I periodically do, I just had to stop, hover, and thank you for a year's entertainment and tutelage. AV is unique on RMweb, a forum which would might be quite bleak and introverted without you. Kal once described some other types as "museum layouts". I love museums but they can be singularly focused in an anal way, dusty and dry. (IMHO)

"Three cheers for AV!"

- "Huzah!

- Huzah!

- Huzah!"

T X

• Like 1

Hi Tony

Really good to see you, you have been missed, but, I know life must always come before.

Thank you very much for your comments, though i think you over kind, in your usual good wishes, though i accept them with grace :)

Hope everything is good with you mate.

Scott

Thank you, you know it is you guys n gals that make it,not us.

So good to see you back, chewing the cud as it were.

You know.... One of the best things this year, is hearing from those you have not heard from in a while, as well of those that have been here regularly, and those that have just arrived.

If you love some one, make them a layout thread.... It is the gift that just keeps giving. :)

• Like 2

Flying for an overhead view, as I periodically do, I just had to stop, hover, and thank you for a year's entertainment and tutelage. AV is unique on RMweb, a forum which would might be quite bleak and introverted without you. Kal once described some other types as "museum layouts". I love museums but they can be singularly focused in an anal way, dusty and dry. (IMHO)

"Three cheers for AV!"

- "Huzah!

- Huzah!

- Huzah!"

T X

It is really nice to know you pop in, sorry your life is obviously busy. .All I can say is, when you have the time it is always nice to see you. I understand now why you said popping up your own thread was not possible. But as Kal said...if you have any achievement of note that you would like to share, and you don't feel a thread / a blog / a workbench can be supported, please feel free to pop it up clearly labelled as your work. It can be completely off topic. I am sure several people, particularly Jcredfer who offered here on our thread, would be willing to do so as well, and anytime we are discussing something that you have similar work feel free to pop anything up. And even if you don't have time to chat...we would love to know you have something to read and look forward to (not just our thread LOL) but all your friends.

• Like 2

The nice thing here, on RMweb, is that with a wide circle of friends, people pop in as and when they have time.

A lot of people, quite rightly, spend much of their time trying to get somewhere on their own threads,

I don't pop into every thread every day, but I usually go look for my last comment then read from there. I know others do similar because I often see a bundle of likes from one person. some people even prefer this so they can read a chunk at a time rather than wait for the next instalment. The thing is we are a sub group within a big group, various of us go different ways, and those ways occasionally overlap. and if I see something I think might help others out...I add a link. As do other people. That is true friendship. As and when your life overlaps you show your interest ad support then move on. So much to do so little time to achieve. So the posts and likes give instant gratification...but even hearing from someone after a while such as Brass0four and Jukebox to name just a couple makes your heart a little warmer. I don't know what happened to Cgraham or SilkyJack or mkwolf1877 people who helped us evolve AV and especially Goathland. but I hope whereever they are they are happy. And if people reading this later miss this bit, that is not a problem. The thing is, as a community we share, and give support.  :sungum:

• Like 3

And whilst I'm sharing you can see some old photos....again  :blum:

The old Goathland

med_gallery_17883_3051_223686.jpgrmweb532heartbeatold11

med_gallery_17883_3051_343833.jpgrmweb1006oldgoathland4

med_gallery_17883_3051_219031.jpgrmweb1007oldgoathland5

med_gallery_17883_3051_114366.jpgrmweb1008oldgoathland6

Of course it had all the track sorted on a complete double loop so we saw a lot more trains.

• Like 5

New Goathland

med_gallery_17883_2878_70367.jpgrmweb1762goathland9

with the recent Italian Job reference

med_gallery_17883_2878_333474.jpgrmweb1825goathlnad4

and how we are doing on the platform area

med_gallery_17883_2878_213341.jpgrmweb1824goathland1

and the recent view from the other direction

med_gallery_17883_2878_230804.jpgrmweb1764goathland1

still a way to go. but we are getting there.

• Like 5

And some new ones taken today

A view behind Aidensfield Arms through the Bed and Breakfast and beyond

med_gallery_17883_3001_578061.jpgrmweb1867heartbeat1

closer

med_gallery_17883_3001_184682.jpgrmweb1869heartbeat2

slloser still, and you can even see the year the tunnel was built

med_gallery_17883_3001_121131.jpgrmweb1869heartbeat3

• Like 5

The farm

med_gallery_17883_3001_540994.jpgrmweb1890heartbeat4

farm stall in the fore ground

step back

med_gallery_17883_3001_557000.jpgrmweb1891heartbeat5

the stalls in the church grounds ready for a bazaar, the local jams and veggies will no doubt soon be set out.....

lets hope no one cheats and quicky goes buys some thing from the farmers stall opposite  :jester:

and a mother step back

The farm the church The bed and Breakfast and off to the far left Aidensfield Arms

med_gallery_17883_3001_440011.jpgrmweb1892heartbeat6

• Like 4

the front of the church

med_gallery_17883_3001_574792.jpgrmweb1893heartbeat7

Aidensfield Arms Scripps The blue house The bed and breakfast

med_gallery_17883_3001_512344.jpgrmweb1894heartbeat8

Aidensfield and Scripps

med_gallery_17883_3001_506130.jpgrmweb1895heartbeat9

the Aidensfield car park, the back of the police station

med_gallery_17883_3001_240411.jpgrmweb1896heartbeat10

• Like 6

The police station

med_gallery_17883_3001_431545.jpgrmweb1897heartbeat11

The police house rear, the Aidensfield Arms and carpark

med_gallery_17883_3001_146985.jpgrmweb1898heartbeat12

the front of the police house and the bridge and tunnel

med_gallery_17883_3001_506778.jpgrmweb1899heartbeat13

and an overview

med_gallery_17883_3001_581962.jpgrmweb1900heartbeat14

• Like 6

This is just immense!!!!!

Happy Birthday, and keep it all going, it's modellers like yourselves that make people like me, who've hung around for a long time just reading and looking at others work, have the confidence to start a layout thread of their own, and the help, in both directions, is all too willingly given, and received for that matter as well.

Although I've only posted on this thread once previously, I do catch up whenever I can, and the banter and modelling is all good.

Thanks again, and don't forget the Radox after that wiring under the boards!!!! :drag:

Jinty ;-)