Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Oh dear  ..............

Posted Today, 16:45

Is that the dead centre of AV

..............    looks like there might be another reason to visit a mate of Colossus, if Jukebox sees this   ............   and take an a-Maizing, Minor Tor to look him in the Eye  .....     :senile:  ...............   :angel:  :angel:

• Like 1

having been watching tv....yes i do have a life outside AV, but the light improved and I got some half decent pictures of the dead centre of AV

can't focus everything at once so a small selection...

med_gallery_17883_3001_47372.jpgrmweb1927gravestone7

the wet look

med_gallery_17883_3001_79439.jpgrmweb1928gravestone8

med_gallery_17883_3001_616624.jpgrmweb1929gravestone9

• Like 5

Oohh  ....   Oohh  .......     so confusing   ........................

If only a dog could lift all four legs at once - life would be so much easier   ......

..........   life can be so much Pants at times   .......      :scratchhead:

• Like 1

who would have thought taking a picture or two of a couple of gravestones would be such a pain

still....what looks like yellow flowers in the background is some bright fluorescent lichen.

med_gallery_17883_3001_267482.jpgrmweb1930gravestone10

the various washes look like worn stone, and some citadel green looks like the green growth. The stone pushed in at angles look old. I still need to sort out he other side of the church and make some with railings....getting an 00 anchor might be fun!!!!

med_gallery_17883_3001_203766.jpgrmweb1931gravestone11

med_gallery_17883_3001_529028.jpgrmweb1932gravestone12

Max has relieved himself, and wonders if there are any old bones around for him to chew on.....

• Like 7

I will need to move stuff around as more bits are added to this area in order for it to become a half decent cameo. But I am please wit hthe grave stones. Am also updating the trees from here, so the twisted wire is not so obvious. Making the cot conifers look like trees might be fun......sill green cupcakes more like.

1600px-Goathland_Church.jpgwikipedia.org

The lichen has built up fast here, need those little flower holders, and some flowers...those poor conifers.

• Like 2

Goodness me  ........................

Max has relieved himself, and wonders if there are any old bones around for him to chew on.....

I [and possible a few more] need to make sure of a Max-free zone when I/we next go to a Cemetery then  .........      :O

Particularly as mine are recently subject to a Near Eastern Grilling   .......    :sungum:  :sungum:

Edit

PS. It is very difficult here - posting 2 hours ahead of when you post  ..............      ..................      :scratchhead:   ........     :O  :O

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

Up to your usual standard I see.  What can I say, just brilliant.

Jc,

Do you have to guess what Jaz is going to write in two hours time?  Very good so far,

Looking at post 5606 - I wondered if those Cup-cakes might be Box Bushes, but in all honesty they look more like cut back Yew trees  .......   which would make more sense in a walled churchyard - [but NOT cut back - as]  .....   Yew trees were grown by the Churches to make the Bows for the yeomanry and they organised practices too  .....

The Church walls were an essential part of the scheme, as Yews are poisonous to many animals and the walls kept them away   .....   keeping the peace was a clear part of the Church philosophy then   .........     :angel:   

It's ok Kal  ............

We will type slower, as we know you do not read very fast J

........  2 hours is enough to see you may be mistaken about what you are typing now  .......

Thanks for the consideration 'though  .......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

More yellow though this item is in common usage. A friend gave us this for the layout, he has driven the real thing on many occassions

med_gallery_17883_2760_657475.jpgrmweb1916kalboro4

Your friend must be very small to drive that...... :)

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

The lighting is gone....but the ideas can't wait.....

so every church yard has one.....don't they..........Jaz knees knocking........

med_gallery_17883_3001_620072.jpgrmweb1933gravestone13

Max hoever is not scared

med_gallery_17883_3001_536617.jpgrmweb1934gravestone14

med_gallery_17883_3001_377712.jpgrmweb1935gravestone15

well it's not a real Zombie, just some nutter, who was in his loft playing choo choo trains and  saw the film crew and thought.....oooh theres some fake blood left over from haloween in the kitchen drawer :senile:

• Like 6

I will need to move stuff around as more bits are added to this area in order for it to become a half decent cameo. But I am please wit hthe grave stones. Am also updating the trees from here, so the twisted wire is not so obvious. Making the cot conifers look like trees might be fun......sill green cupcakes more like.

wikipedia.org

The lichen has built up fast here, need those little flower holders, and some flowers...those poor conifers.

Meh - they are just about the only thing alive in that photo, so I doubt they are complaining!

The lighting is gone....but the ideas can't wait.....

so every church yard has one.....don't they..........Jaz knees knocking........

med_gallery_17883_3001_620072.jpgrmweb1933gravestone13

Max hoever is not scared

med_gallery_17883_3001_536617.jpgrmweb1934gravestone14

med_gallery_17883_3001_377712.jpgrmweb1935gravestone15

well it's not a real Zombie, just some nutter, who was in his loft playing choo choo trains and  saw the film crew and thought.....oooh theres some fake blood left over from haloween in the kitchen drawer :senile:r

I just noticed that the last picture has 3 gravestones floating in the foreground.....perhaps some real zombies are making a break for it!!!!! :O

As Kal is now adding schedules to the layout, some weird little visitors are popping up.....this one looks like a can of sprite.....but apparently is a sprinter 

med_gallery_17883_2760_522521.jpgrmweb1936kalboro1

This will mean though that some upgrading adding lights, fences signs etc is becoming rather urgent

med_gallery_17883_2760_485076.jpgrmweb1937kalboro2

med_gallery_17883_2760_213101.jpgrmweb1938kalboro3

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

As Kal is now adding schedules to the layout, some weird little visitors are popping up.....this one looks like a can of sprite.....but apparently is a sprinter 

med_gallery_17883_2760_522521.jpgrmweb1936kalboro1

When you said weird little visitors I thought you meant the little blue alien on the platform!!  :jester:

med_gallery_17883_2760_349632.jpgrmweb1942kalboro7

and some obscured by an Eddie Stobart Lorry....you can see through the cab window though

med_gallery_17883_2760_148002.jpgrmweb1943kalboro8

I really must organise a fence for here, it is sat on the layout half painted...well half repainted 

med_gallery_17883_2760_37904.jpgrmweb1994kalboro9

• Like 6

Kal, Jaz, nice to see you have a sprinter. I have one of them as well. I am currently pondering how to go about adding interior lights and the orange hazard lights at the sides so that they can be operated with dcc. I have all of the materials but the huge circuit board inside obscures the lights. I am considering removing the circuit board and hard wiring but don't like the prospect of Hornby's common negatively wired lights, I could remove all of hornbys surface mount LEDs and use proper ones. Any ideas or advice about adding interior lights? I have already given a couple of Bachmann 170's this treatment and replaced their bulbs with LEDs and added interior and hazard lights. I just have to neaten them up and sort a couple of issues with light bleed. I might post some pictures when I am happy with them.